I love to have a piece of cake when ever I have a coffee or tea. Banana bread is my favourite. Whenyou bake a banana bread or a cake the house smells like a bakery and even the next door neighbour will get the smell.
This cake is rich , soft and moist too. you canm leave the bread 3-4 days out in room temperature (I dont think you will keep that long 🙂 ) or about a week in fridge or you can freeze them for future use. I recommend you to slice the cake and leave individual pieces in fridge for easy thawing.
This recipe is for a large banana cake. You can divide the ingredients by two to a smaller loaf.
If like to find more banana bread or cake recipes click here or visit the baking section on the side of the page.
The ingredients you will neeed , 200g Butter in room temperature, 350 g Sugar, 4 Eggs, 2tsp vanilla, 400g plain flour, 2 Tsp Bicarbonate of soda, salt, 150 g Sour cream and 4 well riped banans.
Make sure to gather everything closer to you.
Add sugar and butter in to a mixing bowl and whisk well.
After add the eggs one by one and whisk well.
Add the bananas while whisking on a low speed.
Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk on a low speed first and then whisk on a high speed for one minute.
Add the prepared mix in to a loaf pan and bake on 180 c about 45 minutes to one hour or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.( The baking tray I used is 12 inch x 4 inch loaf pan) Leave the bread in the loaf pan for 5 minutes. After take out from the tray and leave on a wire rack to cool completely.
This is how it looks when taken out from the tray.
It is like a sponge. Once press it comes back to the shape.
This is how it looks when sliced.
A closer picture of the cake. Bon Apetit!
I made this lemon butter slice for sharing at a BBQ . This was a hit. When Lemons are in season try this recipe for a change and to use all the lemons. 🙂 The texture of the slice was very beautiful, soft and some times I felt like calling this a lemon mud cake slice. It had the texture very close to a mud cake.
The tangy flavour of the lemons made this slice to be a hit. You can serve this as a dessert too. I think hot custard with lemon juice in it will make this slice more decadent for a dessert.
Instead of lemons you can use limes or oranges too. I think the pineapple juice will be nice too.
When you bake this make sure to bake the slice only 30 minutes. Donot bake more than that.
This is how it was when taken out from the oven
I did the icing on top
Leave the icing to set.
Cut in to pieces.
Sprinkle more icing if you wish.
Waffles are good to serve as a dessert or as breakfast. These waffles are so soft in texture too. If you want to serve in the morning make sure to prepare the dough in the evening the day before and bring to the proof. Then punch and leave it in fridge. Make the waffles in the morning.
With out using the waffle maker you can bake them in the oven too.
Almond meal or almond flakes or kernels are very nice in any cake. I use flakes always to decorate the cakes but some times I add in to cakes too to give a bit of crunch to the cake. This is a very soft and a moist cake that any one will love to have.
The chocolate hive and will take you to another world when you enjoy this with a nice cup of coffee or tea. If I tell you this a very rich and a beautiful cake even for special occasion. Make sure to add the best quality chocolate to get the right taste and the luxury look.
If you prefer more recipes with almonds or chocolate please visit the cake section.
I got this recipe from a friend and I did it ones to please a crowd. Its so nice and beautiful. Trust me ,Can keep on eating the whole slice with out a problem. This is a good idea for a brunch , high tea or a small party at home or for your weekly baking.
I love anything make of almonds. The rich look and creamier taste gives it unique flavour to it.
For the Base
- 90g Butter
- 90g Plain flour
- 40g Self Raising flour
- 1 Egg
For the Topping
- 2 Eggs
- 90g Butter
- 90g Sugar
- 175g Almond meal
- 50g Plan flour
- Mix sugar and butter until nice and creamy.
- After add the egg and whisk well.
- Lastly add the vanilla and the flour and mix well.
- Spread that on a baking pan with a wet spatula and leave aside.
- Next start doing the topping by adding butter and sugar and mix well.
- While whisking add the eggs into it. And whisk 2 minutes.
- After add the almond meal and the plain flour and mix well.
- Spread the Almond mix on the base you prepared earlier.
- Bake on 180c about 20 -30minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
This loaf cake is copy cat of a banana and date loaf I recently had in an organic coffee shop. It was really nice and warm with lots of butter.Before serving make sure to warm it for 30 seconds in the microwave with some extra butter. The butter goes through the warm bread and gives a nice taste to it.
If you are after a healthy option try with out butter. I only used 75g butter for the whole loaf. I love this loaf with out any butter too. I love dates. These days fresh dates are available due to Ramadan season. I really want to use them in my recipes. So I am working on several more recipes. If you are a date lover wait for more uploads.
- 130g dates
- 70ml Boiling Water
- 75g Butter
- 240g Self Raising Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Well Ripped Bananas
- 70g Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Bi carbonate of Soda
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Prepare a 6x4inch loaf pan. (You can always halve this recipe)
- In to a pot add the dates and the butter and bring it to boil. After add 1/2 Tsp bicarbonate of soda and mix well and leave aside.
- Add banana, brown sugar, vanilla, & eggs and mix well about 2 minutes.
- After add the dates and mix well. (Its all right to use slightly cold dates or medium hot)
- Next add the flour and mix really well scraping down the ends.
- Add the cake mix in to the loaf pan about 30 min to 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Use with butter or as it is.
This slice once brought to work by a Croatian colleague and it was a hit. So after appreciation I got this beautiful recipe that will take you to another world. its so easy and simple no bake recipe. take only few minutes to assemble.
There are several advantage of this recipe. Can make a big batch and freeze in zip lock bags for future use. Few easy steps to follow. As its a no bake recipe saves your time. From these large wafers and do nearly 50-80 large pieces.
If you cant find the larger wafer sheets try using the ice cream wafers. Then you do not need to cut at all and it will look nice too.
Instead of using almond or pistachio try using walnuts as Croatians do. I am not a fan of walnuts. So I did it differently. Instead of adding butter add a bit more chocolate.
- 1 Packet Wafers
- 1 can Condensed Milk
- 250g Almond Meal
- 150g Crushed Pistachio
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. Brandy
- 350g Chocolate
- 250g Butter
- Add chocolate, condensed Milk, Butter and vanilla in to a pot. Heat the mix until butter and chocolate melts.
- After add more vanilla and the brandy. Stir well.
- Add the pistachios and the almond meal. Mix well.
- Lay one wafer slices on a tray.
- Put the mix on it and spread evenly.
- Continue layering as you wish.
- Put a weight on top. Lave one hour to press. After put it in fridge over night.
- Cut according to the way or the size as you wish.
I love to sip a coffee if I have time to rest. I always go for something sweet with my coffee. One day I found this organic coffee shop which was full of beautiful sweets. I was a bit hungry too at that time and grabbed a piece of nut bread with my coffee. It was full of flavours. I sat in a corner where I can study the ingredients by my self and wrote what I thought was there on my little note book. I had a good recipe for the outer layer which I used for several things and I modified that with egg yolks and sugar. The nut mix I found in that was with lots of walnuts. To tell you the truth I am not a fan of walnuts. So I replaced that with cashew and created this slice which was a hit. I took some for work too. The taste of the brandy with almonds gives this cake a very rich flavour.
This Bread stays out side in an air tight container for a week. When you slice the cake if you put them individually you can freeze them for months with out a problem. Individual freezing saves time for thawing as well as you can take to work as a snack with out thawing. By the time you take out it is ready for munching.
If you want to do adjustments to the inner layer to your liking please go for it. All the nuts can be replaced with anything as you wish. For brandy add fruit juice. That will give an extra different flavour too. When baking make sure to use the middle rack. It will take one hour or more than that depending from the type of oven you are using.
- 300g plain flour
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 12g Instant dry yeast
- 3 Egg yolks
- 75g Butter
- 250-300ml milk
- 100g caster Sugar
For the Filling
- 1 Cup Shredded almonds
- 1 Cup chopped Cashew nuts
- 1 Cup Almond meal
- 1/4 cup- 1/2 cup Brandy
- 3 Egg whites
- 100g Sugar
- 1/2 Cup C raisins (Cranberries)/ Sultana/ Raisins etc.……
- 1 Tsp. Lemon Zest
- A few drops of Vanilla
- Add the plain flour, salt, yeast, egg yolks, vanilla, sugar and butter in to the mixing bowl start kneading adding milk little by little.
- Knead about 10-15 minutes.
- Prepare the filling by adding all the ingredients together. Leave until the dough rises.
- Leave the dough to double in size in a warm place.
- When the dough is ready knead adding flour divide the dough in to 2 equal parts.
- Roll each dough as thin as you can. Then spread the nut spread equally.
- Roll the dough from one end to the other.
- Leave to double and bake on 180c about one hour or until golden brown on top.
- Slice and serve with a coffee. It stays out more than a week.
French macarons are decadent almond based treats with a crisp outer shell that melts in your mouth with a flavour in the filling.
When I started my life as a chef I worked with lots of well experienced chef. I learnt to do macaroons from one of them. It was so interesting to make them bundle them and pack them.After I did 1000 macaroons for one of my executive chefs daughters wedding. I love to make them. You can make macaroons in different colours and flavours.
The advantage is you can leave macaroons in fridge for a week or two and freeze them for 3-4 months. They are so handy to have to treat an unexpected guest. All you have to do is to thaw it out side for several minutes.
- 225g Icing Sugar
- 140g Almond Meal
- 110g Egg whites
- 1 tblsp cocoa
For the filling
- 100g Chocolate
- 50g Cream
- Melt the chocolate over simmering water with cream.
- Once melted cool and put in the fridge.
- Add egg whites to a clean mixing bowl.
- Start whisking adding icing sugar .
- Once it holds the shape take out .
- Mix cocoa and almond meal. If you have food processor process it several min. If not pass it through a sieve.
- Add the almond meal little by little and fold it.
- Fill a piping bag with a nozzle.
- Pipe giving pressure to the pan.
- Tap on the table to release the air.
- Leave half an hour to one hour to form a crust. (when you touch it will not come to your fingers)
- Bake on 160c about 20-30 min.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Fill with the prepared chocolate . (Can freeze the excess too)