I like anything made of condensed milk. The sweet taste and the smooth texture of the condensed milk make sweets and desserts really appealing. I have done this cake in large amounts several times I am giving you a smaller size which you can always multiply as you wish.
For this recipe I used a small cake pan . The size is 6 inches x 3 inches. This cake can be frozen for several months. Make sure to slice and leave in snack bags for easy thawing.
- 100g self Raising flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- 125g Butter
- 60g Condensed milk
- 40g sugar (Optional)
- Add the butter and condensed milk in to a mixing bowl and whisk well.
- After add the egg and whisk again.
- Reduce the speed and add the flour and mix well.
- Put the batter in to a prepared tray and bake on 180c until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- This cake is suitable for freezing.
Baked custard is a simple dessert that anyone can try with out failing. I got so many requests to do baked custard with condensed milk. The reason is in Asia condensed milk and the milk powder is popular. But whipping cream is available in leading supermarkets only. (May be now it is different) So condensed milk is used in lots of desserts and sweets. Here I used a new version with less sugar. If you think this is too sweet add another 1/2 cup of milk or add half of the condensed milk.
Baked custard can be done a day before. Leave in fridge until you want. If you want a warm custard pop it in oven for 10 minutes or 1 minute in microwave. Serve with whipped cream.
- 6 Eggs
- 250ml /1 Cup Milk
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- 1 can Condensed Milk
- Add milk and condensed milk in to a pot. Bring it to just warm. Stir well.
- After add eggs one by one and whisk well or whisk the eggs and add directly.
- Add nutmeg.
- Strain it in to individual ramekins or a small tray.
- Bake in a water bath about 40 minutes or until when you touch its steady.
- Cool to set.
This slice once brought to work by a Croatian colleague and it was a hit. So after appreciation I got this beautiful recipe that will take you to another world. its so easy and simple no bake recipe. take only few minutes to assemble.
There are several advantage of this recipe. Can make a big batch and freeze in zip lock bags for future use. Few easy steps to follow. As its a no bake recipe saves your time. From these large wafers and do nearly 50-80 large pieces.
If you cant find the larger wafer sheets try using the ice cream wafers. Then you do not need to cut at all and it will look nice too.
Instead of using almond or pistachio try using walnuts as Croatians do. I am not a fan of walnuts. So I did it differently. Instead of adding butter add a bit more chocolate.
- 1 Packet Wafers
- 1 can Condensed Milk
- 250g Almond Meal
- 150g Crushed Pistachio
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. Brandy
- 350g Chocolate
- 250g Butter
- Add chocolate, condensed Milk, Butter and vanilla in to a pot. Heat the mix until butter and chocolate melts.
- After add more vanilla and the brandy. Stir well.
- Add the pistachios and the almond meal. Mix well.
- Lay one wafer slices on a tray.
- Put the mix on it and spread evenly.
- Continue layering as you wish.
- Put a weight on top. Lave one hour to press. After put it in fridge over night.
- Cut according to the way or the size as you wish.
I love condensed milk. I can eat it as it is . All I want is a can of condensed milk and a tea spoon. I love condensed milk tea too. In Sri Lanka most of the tea made with condensed milk . Thats the best tea ever too.
When we add condensed milk in to a pudding or any other recipe we have to be careful when adding more sugar. For me the sugar in condensed milk is more than enough. When doing the caramel make sure not to burn the sugar. If burnt it taste bad. Pieces of burnt sugar can go in to the dessert too.
Sometimes I steam this pudding. Both taste nicer. Strain when you mix eggs in any recipe to prevent clots of eggs later and also it stops egg shells if we have accidentally added.
After baking when you touch the top if it not sticking to your fingers that means it s ready. All egg dishes needs to set it back again. So leave it to cool down unless you are serving it hot. Leaving in fridge makes it well stabilise and can cut in to even pieces. Can store in fridge about two days with out a problem.
- 1 can condensed Milk (397g)
- 8 Eggs
- Few Drops of vanilla
- 250g Brown sugar
- 125ml Water
- 500 ml Milk
- Into 250g add the water and caramelise with out stirring.
- Pour in to a pan to cool down. It will set in the tray.
- Beat the vanilla and Eggs together.
- Next add the condensed milk and mix well.
- Heat the milk . (Don’t boil)
- Add the milk in to eggs and mix well.
- Pass it through a sieve.
- Put water half way through in to baking tray and put the tray with egg mix in to it.
- Bake about 1 hour.
- Leave in fridge to set.
- Put the tray upside down and invert the pudding on to a tray.