These cookies are so easy to make and this is a big batch. Divide the recipe by 2 to do a smaller batch .If you like you can add more roasted sesame seeds in to this recipe too. Adding more sesame gives these cookies a unique taste.
Sesame seeds are used in many Asian cooking and baking too. It has a nutty flavour and a crunchy texture too. Sesame used for making Tahini and halva and many other dishes. Sesame oil is used in Asian cooking too.
My mum used to make a nice sweet slice using a lot of sesame seeds. Not like these days when I was a child my mum had to separate sesame and throw the tiny stones mixed to it. When she sun dry them we use to grab a hand full of sesame and run away. They are from my childhood memories.
Date cookies are one of my favourites. Its a kind of a really gooey cookie. To get more taste I added coconut too. The combination is really good and you will love it for sure. The sugar I added is enough to my taste. Still you can omit the sugar totally from the recipe as the sugar in dates and honey is almost enough.
• 1 Egg
• 250g Dates
• 150g Self Raising flour
• 30ml Honey 1 Tsp Vanilla
• 30g Brown sugar
• 70g Butter
• 50g Desiccated coconut
• ¼ tsp Bicarbonate of Soda.
• Add all the ingredients except flour in to a food processor.
• Add flour and bicarb and mix again.
• Take out and use a scoop to measure the balls and bake on 180c about 20-30 minutes.
• Cool on a wire rack.
• Store in an air tight container.
Oreo Cookies one of my favourites. I love anything with Oreos. Sometimes I use them for the crust of cheese cakes or with the filling for cakes too. I made these scones for friend who rang to say she will be coming in few hours. Something simple to make for a quick baking too.
With out having the same scone try this one, I am sure you are going to love them. After serving her the leftovers I put in the oven for several minutes(4 minutes), then I switched off the oven and let it be there and it gave a nice cookie. Such a special treat. I love them too. So I served as a cookie for my family after.
- 400g Self raising Flour
- 50g Sugar
- 60g Butter
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 70ml Whipping cream
- Oreo Cookies 1 packet
- Add the flour , and butter in to a mixing bowl and mix well.
- While mixing add the eggs vanilla, cream and sugar and mix well until it comes to a soft dough.
- After add flour on to the bench and knead adding the crushed Oreo cookies.
- After make a round dough
- Cut in to pieces as in video and bake 20 minutes on 180c.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Cookie dough fudge is a simple and easy no bake and egg free recipe. So easy to make. Not only that you can always freeze them for future use.
When you have time try making the cookie dough balls and leave in fridge. Next you can make the chocolate layer in few minutes. This can be done with white chocolate and make cookie dough balls with dark or milk chocolate too.
This a simple and easy idea for school events , brunch, or even kids birthday parties.
Enjoy making them and share with some friends to have a coffee.
For the cookie Dough
- 60g Butter
- 65g Sugar
- 30ml Milk
- 100g Plain flour
- 75g Chocolate chips
For the fudge
- 300g Chocolate melts
- 50ml Condensed milk
- 40g Butter
- Extra chocolate chips
- Add sugar, butter in to a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Into that add vanilla and flour and mix well.
- Lastly add the chocolate chips and mix until it combines.
- After make balls and leave in fridge.
- Add condensed milk, chocolate, and add butter and melt in a pot on the stove.
- After pour it over the cookie dough balls and decorate with the left over chocolate.
- Put in fridge over night or until sets.
- Cut as you wish.
- Leave in fridge or freeze them to take out when you want.
We find so many recipies include Oreo cookies as an ingredient these days. Kids love them I know. When I bring some for a recipe I have to hide them somewhere that my kids can’t find them.if not after I prepare everything Oreo goes missing. That happened to me so many times..
This recipe calls for only three ingredients and so simple and easy to make. I have made this for special afternoon teas and functions so many times and I can promise you that this work really well.
Only thing is when you melt the chocolate try not to over heat as it can go guey. The method for double broiling is to cook the chocolates in a bowl on simmering water until it melts. Good quality chocolates work really well in microwave too.
- 750g White chocolate melts
- 390 g Condensed Milk
- 4 Packets Oreo Cookies
- Melt the chocolate on a double broiler or even in microwave.
- Add a can of condensed milk in to the chocolate.
- Break the Oreos in to Small pieces.
- Mix with the white chocolate and the condensed milk.
- Pour in to the prepared pan.
- Decorate with the left over cookies.
- Place in fridge overnight or several hours until it sets.
- Cut as you wish.
- Can freeze for several months.