Cooking Couscous is real simple and easy. All depends on the amount of liquid you add in to it. These are the exact measurements that you need to cook a restaurant style fluffy and soft textured couscous.
This recipe is for 2 cups of raw couscous………………………….
Couscous is the best option when you are in a hurry to make the meal. So easy to make. All you need is to boil some water and add the couscous and wait for 3-4 minutes. Stir fry some veggies and mix the couscous. This tiny pasta is so versatile to have in the pantry.
Couscous can be prepared in many ways. This is one of them. If you are not a vegetarian try adding some meat to the couscous or fish. Couscous salads are popular too. Mushrooms and sun-dried tomato and olives in couscous is a good combination with a good salad dressing.
Mixed Vegetable Couscous
- – 2 Cups of Couscous
- – 2 Cups of Water
- – Olive Oil
- – Salt
- – Pepper
- – 1 Leek
- – 1/2 of a Carrot
- – Capsicum
- – Tomatoes
- – Garlic
- – Onion
- – 2 Stock Cubes
- – Chillies
- – Beans
- Boil water adding salt and oil.
- Switch off and add couscous.
- Leave covered.
- In a another pot add oil and cook onion and garlic.
- Next add chillies and beans and cook that about 2 minutes.
- After add stock cubes and mix well and add beans.
- Next add carrots.
- Add cabbage after and cook few seconds.
- Next add sundried tomatoes and add the capsicums.
- Cook few seconds and add enough salt and pepper.
- Mix couscous and serve hot.