This recipe is simple but gives a lot of it to please a large gathering. The vegetables I used to fill this baguette is colorful to catch the eye of the person who is going to have it. You can add more colour to it by adding different types of colourful vegetables.
Cream cheese and feta in this gives a creamy and salty flavour plus act as a binder. So it helps to hold all the vegetable in it and when you slice it it holds the shape.
Baguettes are not expensive. So, to make this to please twenty people cost only $ 7.50. So this is very cost effective too. Instead of adding feta or cream cheese you can add any soft cheeses to your choice too.
The recipe for this is below the video and the pictures.
Video for how to make stuffed baguette.
These bursting Blueberry buns are moist and scrumptious. The cream cheese gives a creamy flavour to the tart while blueberries gives full of goodness and colour. When you open them up the buns the purple colour juices gives a tempting and appealing look. You cant stop eating them at all.
Doing them the way I have done is super simple. You can use burger moulds or disposable foil cases or even muffin pans. If you are using muffin pans try cutting the dough in to smaller pieces. The other way is using a tart cases or one large one.
The other thing is you can leave them in fridge about three days. (I doubt it will stay that long) Can freeze them in individual bags for future use too. If you want to serve these for a high tea or a brunch try cutting them in to smaller pieces .
Cream cheese bread is one of my favourite breads. So creamy and rich in flavour and will come out like cotton soft.My secret for a softer bread is always the kneading process and the correct measurements.
To make the bread softer you can always add softening agents as in bread shops. With out softeners you can make proper bread if you knead well. I never keep any secret to my self. Trust me , you are getting the 100% correct recipes.
One day I thought of making the chicken breasts a bit different with some flavour. I used to steam or stir fry always and I was bored eating the same always. So I made these baked chicken breasts with a cream cheese filling. It gave a lot of flavour to the chicken breasts and also it prevent drying out when baking. Try this recipe for a change.
This was a very nice cake. I made this for my daughters birthday. I forgot to take a photo after cutting it. Her friends finished that even before 5 minutes. So nothing left to take a photo. :). I know the taste of the bite I got before she served her friends, That was divine. No wonder why they finished it so quickly.
Making this cake is super easy. To do the cake you don’t need a mixer. Its one bowl cake. Make sure to mix well. Instead of potato flour you can always use corn flour. Both flours work the same way giving a soft texture . Butter milk is expensive when you buy from the supermarket. Making your own saves money as well as stop worrying what to do next with the leftover butter milk. You make what you want only.
When you add make sure you get more sugar from it too. So feel free to adjust the level of sugar to your liking. As I added only 100g sugar only thats just good for my taste. Add more if you like it very sweet.
Cocoa powder comes in different forms. Dark, natural or light. I always use natural or dark to get the taste as well as the colour.The filling can be done as a normal butter cream or with the cream cheese filling like I did. Trust me the taste of the cheese and icing with the Oreo cookies makes it divine. The chunky cookie pieces are in every bite and make it so different from the other types of icing.
When baking cakes make sure to keep an eye always as different recipes cooks differently. Don’t let it burn. then it will go hard.
For the Cake
- 100g dark or milk cooking or baking chocolate
- 100g Butter
- 60ml Boiling water
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 90g Self Raising flour
- 60g Potato Flour or corn flour
- 90ml Milk + 1tsp Vinegar
- 185g Condensed milk
- 35g Cocoa Powder
- For the Filling
- 150 icing sugar
- 1 Tsps. Whipping cream
- 100g Butter
- 1 tap vanilla
- 1/2 slab cream cheese.
- 1-2 packets Oreo cookies.
For the Icing
- Half of mix left from the filling with out cookies
- More icing sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp. dark cocoa powder
- Into a bowl add the 60ml boiling water and add the chocolate and mix well .
- Next add the milk (Add vinegar Before) in to the chocolate and microwave or double boil it.
- After add the butter and whisk until the butter melts.
- Into a large mixing bowl sift the flours.
- Make a well in the centre and add the sugar & eggs. Mix.
- After add the cocoa mix and whisk until it get mixed.
- Next add the condensed milk In to it and mix.
- Pour in to the prepared cake pan and bake on 170c about 1 hour or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan covered with a tea towel about 20minutes and after transfer on to a wire rack.
- After Cut the cake to two slabs.
- Add cream cheese , whipping cream in to a mixing bowl with vanilla and start whisking .
- Next add butter and whisk about 30 seconds and add the icing sugar little by little on a low speed and after start whisking on high.
- After take out and break the Oreo cookies in to half of the whipped cream and mix well.
- Leave the other half in the mixing bowl.
- Put the Oreo cream mix on to the base of the cake and spread it nice and even.
- Cover the cake with the other half. Press well. Leave in fridge.
- Into the other half of the whipped cream mix add more icing sugar and start whisking.
- In to that add 1-2 Tbsp. cocoa powder and keep on mixing until it comes to the consistency to spread and do the icing.
- Spread the icing to cover the cake. Leave in fridge. Take back and smoothen with more and the rest of the mix fill in to a piping bag.
- Pipe as you wish.
- Always leave this in fridge. (Can keep 3-4 day in fridge or can freeze with out a problem.
I always guarantee my recipes 100%. They are adjusted perfectly and easy to follow. This bread is so simple and easy to make. After baking you can keep it for several days in fridge with out a problem
Kids will love them in a lunch box or easy to make to please a crowd. You can reheat in oven to serve as fresh. The filling can be done in different ways. Do your own filling. My idea here to provide the bread recipe.
- 400g Bread flour
- 60g Curd/sour cream
- 2 Tblsp sesame seeds
- 1Tblsp Sugar
- 7g Instant dry yeast
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 Tsp Fennel
- 1 Tsp Baking powder
- 50Ml Olive oil
Ingredients for the Filling
- 1 Tub Cottage cheese
- 3 Eggs
- Chillies (Optional)
- 1 Cup Spring Onions
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- Add bread flour, curd , sesame seeds, sugar, yeast, salt, fennel, baking powder in to the mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Next add oil and mix again.
- Add Milk little by little and make a smooth dough.
- Leave to double in size.
- Add Cheese to mixing bowl and then crumble it. Add pepper, parsley , chillies, garlic powder, spring onions, Parmesan cheese, baking powder and mix well.
- Take the doubled dough out and press down and make boats as directed in the video.
- Leave to double again.
- Brush with eggs and bake on 180 until the middle is set and golden brown out side.
- Cool on a wire rack.