These little tartlets are really good and so simple and easy to make. They do not need any proofing like other breads. It can be made in less than an hour. It makes a full meal when you add a topping with meat and vegetables. Also can be served as a side or as a canape too.
Instead of the meat I used left over meat from the roast or even a simple curry with vegetables will be good on this tart. After baking it gives a nice golden colour crust too. Make your own filling for this and enjoy!
Have you ever tried the soft Asian style bread? For the money you buy one you can make several at home. These are very soft buns that you can even try with left over mashed potatoes. All you need is mashed potatoes with stir fried onions as the filling.
To make the buns more softer you can add bread improvers , but its not necessary if you knead the bread well.
Some ask me whether I have hidden secrets to get softer buns. I never keep any secrets. All you need to do is make them quite often. Then you become a well experienced baker. Not only they are home made but also it gives you the self satisfaction. I really enjoy baking and also love to share the correct recipes with others.
Leeks pancakes are so simple and easy to make. You can always make them with spring onions too. These are a crunchy pancake that you can make as a larger batch and freeze to take out when ever you want.
Cut the pancakes in to triangles and serve as a side or as a snack.
Wash and cut the leeks as fine as you can. ( Don’t process or chop in a machine) Add enough salt and pepper and also a table spoon full olive oil or butter in to it.
Take a cup of flour with enough salt and warm water. The water temperature should be about 60-70c. Add the warm water bit by bit and knead the dough until smooth.
Take the dough out and cut the the dough to equal parts. Make balls and cover it with a clean tea towel and leave 1/2 ah hour on the bench to rest.
Take one ball out and roll it to a circular shape. Butter or oil the surface of the circle.
Put the prepared leek mix in the middle and roll it and make a coil.
Press down the prepared coil and roll using a rolling pin.
Cook on both sides until golden brown. Serve hot with a curry , chutney, yogurt or a dip.
Making these little flat breads are so easy and simple. You can do these in oven too. To do it in oven need to use a pizza stone. Then you can do these beautiful breads in oven.
The air bubbles start forming up when you start cooking them. Sometimes the bubbles can be huge. Still you need to cook both sides. or you can put under the grill to make it brown.
Enjoy with curry , a filling or even with jam and butter.
- 400g Plain flour
- 250ml Warm water
- 50ml water
- 10g Instant dry yeast.
- Activate your yeast by adding 10g yeast to 10g sugar with 30ml warm water .Leave 5 minutes aside. If the yeast is good it will start coming up.
- In to the flour, add activated yeast and mix well.
- After add the sat and water little by little make a soft dough.
- Leave the dough to double in size.
- After take the dough on to the bench and cut in to 8 parts.
- Make balls and leave 10minutes on the bench.
- After make small flat breads.
- Put some oil in to a pan and put the flat breads in and cook on a medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve hot.
Afghan Bolani bread is a traditional flat bread filled with vegetables . This can be served as a side dish or as a main dish. Bolani is a vegetarian and a vegan dish.
Flat Breads are so easy to make. Takes only few minutes. If you can mash the potatoes and make the filling when you are free , this is so simple to make on a busy week day. Just add the filling and making it flat only. As they are yeast free it comes nice and crusty.
You can add different flours and make it really healthy too. I added spelt whole meal flour and plain flour. You can use few spoons full of other flours to make it more healthy. Fillings can be done in your way with what ever in your fridge.
This will be good to keep a day or too in fridge to take to work or use it again. Will not be good in freezing.
This is a really nice herby and soft in the middle ,crusty out side bread. The olives and the tomatoes gives more flavour to this bread.
- 350g Bread flour
- 5g Salt
- 5g Instant dry yeast
- 10g Sugar
- 200ml warm water
- 20ml olive oil for the dough
- 20ml oil for applying
- Mixed herbs
- 1/2 cup sliced olives
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- Add flour, salt , yeast , sugar in to a mixing bowl and mix well.
- While mixing the above ingredients add water little by little and keep on kneading.
- Lower the speed and add herbs and oil.
- Continue kneading for another 10 minutes.
- Leave the dough in a greased bowl, in a warm place to double.
- When the dough is doubled in size punch and put it on to a floured bench and knead well.
- After cut in to equal size pieces.
- Make balls a, press olive and tomato & leave 10 more minutes to rest.
- After make circles and leave 10-15minutes in a warm place.
- Bake 180c about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Flat breads or wraps are very simple and easy to make. I always use this simple recipe to make wraps with whole meal flour. If you use wholemeal flour only thing is you will need extra water for kneading.
Try adding different ingredients to the dough to make it healthy as possible. I use the kibble mix or even soy and linseed, sesame, wheat germ or flax meal. While you are enjoying a healthy wrap gets lots of fibre and nutritions too.
Leaving the dough to rest helps to make nice and even wraps. Rolling becomes much easier too. You can add any oil to your choice. i like using coconut and olive oil always to get the benefits.
My mum used to add some green leaves to it to make the flat breads more healthy. Filling can be done according to your personal choice. If you like meal or fish can add them while vegetarians can have options like tofu or pickled vegetables with the fresh veggies. Even this bread can be used with dips or curried to dunk in.
You need to be near the solve all the time. I have a friend who uses her sandwich press to make square or rectangular roti as she is so lazy to stand near the stove. 😀 Isn’t that a clever idea. 😀
- 259g Plain flour
- 130ml water
- 35ml oil
- Add flour, salt, oil and mix well adding water.
- knead 2-3 minutes.
- Leave to rest.(about 15 minutes)
- Make balls and leave again to rest about 5-10 minutes.
- Take one out flatten as thinner as you can.
- Put it on a hot pan and cook both sides. Apply oil for crispier breads.
- Fill with salt if you are vegetarian and add meat or fish as you wish.
We all are busy in this globalize world. I find it really hard and tiring to cook several dishes after work for our dinner. I really care about what my family eats and whether it is nutritios or not. So i always try to cook a balanced dinner. This is one of them. I through every thing around to make it a full meal. This is just an idea. You can alwys create you own.
When I do shoppin g I buy wraps for easy use and so simple to make too. you can fill with what ever you like. they are handy to have. You can buy several and freeze them for later use. If nothing around can defrost one and use like this.
This is a complete meal with less carbohydrates. With all the cheeses it gives nice creamier taste. I really love the mxican food. So tasty and loads of meat and vegetables. If I see a mexican restaurant I dont think twice to have one of their beautiful meals. Try making your kids eat lot of vegetables this way. they will love it. Its good for the lunch box too.
- 12 tortilla wraps
- 200g Minced beef
- 1 cup of mixed cheese
- Mexican spices
- 1 cup Spring onions
- 1 can chick peas
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 bunch coriander chopped
- Garlic sliced
- Onion chopped
- 1 carrot shredded
- 2 tomatoes
- Add oil in to a pan and fry onion and garlic.
- Next add the chillies and the minced beef in to it. Stir Fry several minutes.
- After add mushrooms and tomatoes and cook about two minutes.
- Add chickpeas and spices and mix well. Check the salt and add salt with pepper.
- Next add carrots and half the amount of coriander and cook again two minutes.
- Later add spring onions and finish it.
- Spray a baking tray and pack the tortilla wraps as directed in the video. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese and herbs and bake until golden brown on top.