I always get request for easy no bake recipes. I did this for those who requested the a jelly slice. You can totally omit strawberries here and use any fruit in season. Mango, Pineapple, passion fruit, & raspberries are some of them. If you want this to be a healthy slice omit the sugar.
The biscuit base absorbs all the flavours from the strawberries and gives a unique flavour to the slice. When you do the top layer of this slice make sure to add less water than the packet instructs. In that way it give s a nice colour as well as the steadiness to the slice.
Adding the yoghurt in to the slice gives a nice look with the white layer in the middle. This way you can feed your children a good healthy slice with lots of fruits in it. Make sure to cool down the boiled milk well before adding the yoghurt to protect the all the good bacteria in yoghurt with out killing them.
When you cut a slice like this use a sharp knife and always wipe the bits on the knife when cutting the next layer. This slice can stay in the fridge about a week.
- 500g strawberries
- 1 packet strawberry jelly
- 2 x 10g gelatine
- Water to dissolve gelatine
- Plain cookies
- 100g white
- 250ml milk
- 100g sugar
- 500g low fat yoghurt
- 1/2 a can condensed milk
- Dissolve gelatine in 50ml water and microwave it.
- Add the milk, sugar, gelatine, white chocolate in to a pot.
- Bring to boil and let simmer until all dissolved in milk.
- While boiling the milk add the other gelatine in to water microwave it.
- Crush the biscuits in to a tray.
- Blend strawberries, melted gelatine, and half a can of condensed milk.
- After pour it over the biscuits. Put it in the fridge to set.
- Let the boiled milk cool down. After add the yoghurt in to it. Mix well.
- When the strawberry layer is well set pour the yoghurt later and let it set in fridge.
- For the final layer dissolve the gelatine in boiling water and leave cool completely.
- After add it on to the yoghurt layer
- Leave to set over night.
- Take out after and cut in to squares.
- Serve with cream or ice cream.
Falooda is one of the most beautiful drink that you can find almost every restaurant in Sri Lanka. Almost every day is a warm day there and falooda has a good market every day. Not only that its very popular in India and some several other countries.The unique taste to its own, make this drink a real time favourite to any one. The colour of the drink is very attractive too. Not only it helps stop the thirst it can stop your hunger too.
I have uploaded a recipe about royal falooda too. Its not only a drink its a dessert too..There is a little bit of difference in these too drinks. if you cant find the Basil seeds or the casa casa seeds try to find chia. Chia is very popular these days and easy to find all around the world.
Instead of milk you can always use the condensed milk. The only thing is will be a bit more sweeter then. If you like more colour you can colour the vermicelli too.
When making the rose syrup or the sherbet syrup make sure to taste it as the rose essence is very strong than the rose water.
Try making your own falooda at home. I am sure that you will be thinking of making it again and again after.
How to Make the rose syrup/Sherbet Syrup