Prawns always nice when its cooked with sauces and spices. I love this dish a lot . Cleaning the prawns is the difficult task. It takes a longer time to clean the prawns. To devein a prawn, use a small sharp knife to make a slit along the middle of the back to expose the dark vein. Pull the end of the vein up with the tip of the knife then grab it with your fingers to pull it off.
Always cleaning prawns is time consuming. But it is still worth buying the fesh prawns than cleaned ones. They tastes much better.
This recipe will serve 4 people. I am using 500g uncleaned prawns. Clean and devine the prawns.I always take the legs off too.
After add salt and pepper and season the prawns too.
Prepare the ingredients and take everything closer to you. I used several red chillies, several cloves of garlic, Ginger and one salad onion. Seperately prepare one egg beaten, hot chilli sauce and tomato ketch up mixed.some chillie paste, and 1 tablespoon corn flour.
Add onion, chillies , ginger garlic and puree it . Add corn flour to the eggs and mix well. After add the oil in to a pan and leave it to be hot.
Add the pureed mix and stir fry until thick.
Later add the prawns and cook several minutes.
Later add the sauces, chilli paste and mix well. I added some spring onions to it too.
Later add the curry powder and the beaten egg with corn flour . Mix well
Serve hot with rice , bread or any flatbread.
This is a copy cat recipe of a small snack size bun I found in a cafe. the oozing chocolate made this bun so tasty and a good combination for a hot cup of coffee.
The bread is so simple and easy to make as well as very soft in texture too. Use a good quality chocolate in the middle.
Pumpkin soup is one of the delicious soups. You can make a full meal out of that after adding extra vegetables in to it. When you add extra vegetables it tastes so nice giving extra flavour to it.
This can be a good winter warmer and a vegetarian dish too. If you are a vegan try leaving butter and cream and instead use olive oil and rice cream or coconut milk.
This recipe will serve 4 people.
This is a real easy and a simple cake. This a vegetarian and a vegan recipe. I used almond milk for this recipe. You can use any milk for this. Adding mixed nuts to this cake will give a nice and taste to the cake. Make sure to grind them coarsely.
All you need to do is to mix all the ingredients together to make the batter and bake it. The temperature may vary from oven to oven. make sure to insert a skewer to see the cake done.
- 200ml milk (Almond or rice milk)
- 75g Sugar
- 80g plain flour
- 50g Nuts
- 1/2 Tsp baking soda
- 1/4 Tsp Baking powder
- 50g Strawberry jam Melted
- Into a mixing bowl add all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- After add the melted strawberry jam and milk little by little and make a batter with out lumps.
- Put it in to a baking pan. (I used a 6×3 inch round pan..)
- Pour the mix in and bake on 180c about 30-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Oreo Cookies one of my favourites. I love anything with Oreos. Sometimes I use them for the crust of cheese cakes or with the filling for cakes too. I made these scones for friend who rang to say she will be coming in few hours. Something simple to make for a quick baking too.
With out having the same scone try this one, I am sure you are going to love them. After serving her the leftovers I put in the oven for several minutes(4 minutes), then I switched off the oven and let it be there and it gave a nice cookie. Such a special treat. I love them too. So I served as a cookie for my family after.
- 400g Self raising Flour
- 50g Sugar
- 60g Butter
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 70ml Whipping cream
- Oreo Cookies 1 packet
- Add the flour , and butter in to a mixing bowl and mix well.
- While mixing add the eggs vanilla, cream and sugar and mix well until it comes to a soft dough.
- After add flour on to the bench and knead adding the crushed Oreo cookies.
- After make a round dough
- Cut in to pieces as in video and bake 20 minutes on 180c.
- Cool on a wire rack.
These beautiful Chinese cakes are very similar to the sponge cakes we had in Sri Lanka when were kids. So I thought of trying this to renew my memories.
This cake a very spongy very less oil cake. I added less sugar. If you like this to be very sweet add up to 125g sugar. When you beat the eggs make sure to continue at once until it reaches the ribbon stage. After using a spatula fold it well.
Few main tips to follow.
- When you do this make sure to whip well.
- After leave the cupcakes 10 minutes out before putting in oven. If you like a very high sponge use self raising flour or 1/2 tsp baking powder.
If you like you can do a nice icing too.
- 4 Eggs
- 90g Plain flour
- 35 g Corn flour
- 75-100gg sugar
- 10ml oil
- Add eggs in to a mixing bowl. Add sugar little by little while whisking. Add a table spoon boiling water in to the egg mix and keep on mixing until it reaches the ribbon stage.
- After sift the flour in to it and fold in to the egg mix with the oil.
- Fill the patty pans and bake on 180C about 10-15 min.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Baked custard is a simple dessert that anyone can try with out failing. I got so many requests to do baked custard with condensed milk. The reason is in Asia condensed milk and the milk powder is popular. But whipping cream is available in leading supermarkets only. (May be now it is different) So condensed milk is used in lots of desserts and sweets. Here I used a new version with less sugar. If you think this is too sweet add another 1/2 cup of milk or add half of the condensed milk.
Baked custard can be done a day before. Leave in fridge until you want. If you want a warm custard pop it in oven for 10 minutes or 1 minute in microwave. Serve with whipped cream.
- 6 Eggs
- 250ml /1 Cup Milk
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- 1 can Condensed Milk
- Add milk and condensed milk in to a pot. Bring it to just warm. Stir well.
- After add eggs one by one and whisk well or whisk the eggs and add directly.
- Add nutmeg.
- Strain it in to individual ramekins or a small tray.
- Bake in a water bath about 40 minutes or until when you touch its steady.
- Cool to set.
- 150g Lentils
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 medium carrot chopped
- 1/2 of a leek chopped
- Or Celery
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 can tomato
- 1 tablespoon -2 tbsp. sugar
- Chopped garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Pinch pepper
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 litre stock water
- Add oil in to a pot and add garlic. Fry about a minute.
- After add the onions , leeks, carrots & fry several minutes.
- After add tomatoes, bay leaf and the spices , lentils, pureed tomato, stock water and sugar. mix well.
- Cook on simmering about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Lastly add cream. Bring to boil. Check sugar and salt.
- Serve hot.
This Recipe serves 4-6 people if you serve this as a main. As a side dish this can be served for 15 people. Its so simple and to easy make. This can be served as a side dish or even as a quick one pot meal. All you need to assemble several things together and bake few minutes
Here I used 1 can of kidney beans, chick peas, black eyed beans with hot tomato salsa and a table spoon full taco seasoning.