This is a simple and easy recipe to use new season potatoes in your cooking. Once in a while its better to try something with out any meat too. This tastes really nice and creamy. this is a one pot budget meal that any one can try . If you want add meat add some left overs even from the roast.
This can be served in salads or as a kids lunch or even as a snack or as a main meal.
Chicken and leek bread rolls are a soft and moist bread that you can keep for 3 days in fridge or freeze in sandwich bags. So simple and easy to make too. As I always do baking I got more than 100 requests to do something savoury and this is for all who requested and like doing baking.
As this comes as a bread but divided too this saves time of making individual buns. I love to do baking but these days its winter in Australia and it takes too long to prove. But I can’t say no to those who asked me to do something different. You can save this as a finger food too for a party.
For the filling
- 1 smoked chicken breast
- 2 eggs
- 1 leek finely sliced
- 1 block cream cheese
- 1 onion finely sliced
For the dough
- 600g Bread flour
- 10g Instant dry yeast
- 10g Sugar
- 50g Butter
- 50ml Whipping cream
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 5g Salt
- 200ml water
- Whisk the eggs and pepper and add in to the cream cheese. Mix other ingredients and mix well. If you like to any other thing to the mix add anything as you wish. Leave in Fridge until finish with the dough.
- Add the flour, in to the mixing bowl and mix with sugar, salt and yeast.
- After adding the whipping cream and water mix well. After knead about 15 minutes until not sticking to the bowl. Put the prepared dough in to a bowl and leave in a warm place to double in size.
- When the dough is doubled in size put the dough on to the bench and cut in to two equal parts.
- Roll each part to a rectangular shape and spread the dough on each dough to cover the whole dough.
- Roll the dough to a log and cut as directed in the video.
- Leave again to double in size.
- Brush the dough with some eggs and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top. Bake on 180c about 30 minutes or until golden brown on top.