I always like to do different styles of baking. Always I try to improve the dough in each recipe. This is one of them. The bread comes so nice and fluffy. So the texture of this bread scroll is very soft and moist too.
The filling can be done in different ways.You can use the sliced meat or shredded meat from the deli with cheese slices. (Thats the easiest) If not you can use the left overs from the Sunday roast or can prepare them on your own. Make sure not to have a liquids. Then the bread will go soggy underneath. Even the cheese will do this to the bread if you use a very fatty version of cheese. I used the proceed cheese because of that.
As I always mention, when adding water do not add once. When using eggs for a recipe, make sure to add a little at once. Then wait and add a bit more. This way the dough will comes soft and pliable.
Always leave space in between the scrolls to prove. I used a 12x 4 inch pan for this recipe. If you are living in a cooler climate make sure to preheat oven to 25-30c and leave the dough in the oven. That way it helps to prove quickly.
- 400g Bread flour
- 2 Eggs
- 10g instant dry yeast
- 5g Salt
- 10g Sugar
- 200-250ml water
- 1 egg for the scrolls
- Salt and pepper
- Another egg for egg wash
- Sliced or shredded cheese
- Any meat as you wish
- Add the bread flour, yeast, salt, sugar, and the eggs in to a mixing bowl.
- Then mix it well.
- After add the water little by little until it makes a smooth dough and keep on kneading for 15-20 minutes.
- Take out and put in to greased bowl , cover and leave in a warm place to double in size.
- When the dough is doubled in size take out and punch down.
- After put the dough on to a floured bench and knead a minute or two adding a bit more flour to get to the consistency you like.
- After roll the dough to a large rectangle.
- Beat one egg with salt and pepper and brush it on the dough.
- Season with anything you wish.
- Lay the cheese and the meat. (Read the description above)
- Roll the dough pressing inwards. (This way it tightens)
- Cut to the size you like.
- Leave to double in size.
- Brush the top with the remaining egg and bake on 180c about 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
We all are busy in this globalize world. I find it really hard and tiring to cook several dishes after work for our dinner. I really care about what my family eats and whether it is nutritios or not. So i always try to cook a balanced dinner. This is one of them. I through every thing around to make it a full meal. This is just an idea. You can alwys create you own.
When I do shoppin g I buy wraps for easy use and so simple to make too. you can fill with what ever you like. they are handy to have. You can buy several and freeze them for later use. If nothing around can defrost one and use like this.
This is a complete meal with less carbohydrates. With all the cheeses it gives nice creamier taste. I really love the mxican food. So tasty and loads of meat and vegetables. If I see a mexican restaurant I dont think twice to have one of their beautiful meals. Try making your kids eat lot of vegetables this way. they will love it. Its good for the lunch box too.
- 12 tortilla wraps
- 200g Minced beef
- 1 cup of mixed cheese
- Mexican spices
- 1 cup Spring onions
- 1 can chick peas
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 bunch coriander chopped
- Garlic sliced
- Onion chopped
- 1 carrot shredded
- 2 tomatoes
- Add oil in to a pan and fry onion and garlic.
- Next add the chillies and the minced beef in to it. Stir Fry several minutes.
- After add mushrooms and tomatoes and cook about two minutes.
- Add chickpeas and spices and mix well. Check the salt and add salt with pepper.
- Next add carrots and half the amount of coriander and cook again two minutes.
- Later add spring onions and finish it.
- Spray a baking tray and pack the tortilla wraps as directed in the video. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese and herbs and bake until golden brown on top.
- 4 Boiled chicken breasts
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tblsp Lemon Juice
- Paprika Powder
- Fresh onions or onion flakes
- Fresh garlic or Garlic powder
- Chopped Parsley
- Mustard powder or cream
For the crust
- 3 cups corn flakes
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- flour to coat chicken
- 2 Eggs for Egg wash and halfacup of milk
- Process corn flakes and Parmesan cheese. ( process until crumbly)
- Leave a side.
- Add chicken breasts in to the same processor parsley lemon juice,paprika, pepper,onion and garlic powders and parsley. Process until fine and add the eggs and the mustard.
- Take out and make balls.
- Coat in flour.
- Egg wash. Cover with corn flakes. ( Mix eggs with milk)
- bake on 180 c about 20 minutes. Serve with tomato sauce or chutney.
- 1 kilo chicken
- 200g Cashews
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- 1 Tsp Cumin powder
- 1Tsp crushed ginger
- 50 g corn flour.
- 2 tblsp tomato sauce
- 2 tblsp Chinese cooking wine
- 2 tblsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tblsp Brown sugar
- 1 tblsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp-1 tsp paprika or chillie powder
- 125 ml soy sauce
- 1 tblsp Oil.
- In to a mixing bowl add pepper, cumin powder, chilli or paprika powder, garlic powder, salt and con flour and mix well. Instead of a bowl you can use a snap lock bag for this too.
- Add the chicken pieces toss . Make sure to coat all the chicken like this.
- Meanwhile mix soy sauce, ginger, chilli powder,tomato sauce, vinegar, an sugar in a seperate bowl.
- Heat some oil in a pan add chicken and seal well.
- Add chicken and cashews in to a slow cooker and pour the mixed sauce mixture ove it and cook several ours or one hour.
- Serve with steamed rice and nice side salad.
For the Dough
- 550g bread flour
- 1tsp salt
- 7g yeast
- 20g Sugar
- 250ml Milk
- 2 Tblsp Margarine or butter
For the Filling
- 1 can beans
- Salt & pepper
- Any spice to your choice
- Oil for stir frying
- Add bread flour, salt, yeast, sugar, Margarine and mix well.
- Next add milk little by little and knead the dough until it becomes smooth.
- Grease a bowl and put the dough in & leave to double in size.
- Meanwhile make the filling.
- Stir fry beef with vegetables and add any spice to your choice. Leave to cool down.
- When the dough is doubled punch down and cut accordingly.
- Put the filling in the middle as directed in video and leave to double in size.
- Brush the tops with eggs and bake on 180c about 20-30 min or until golden brown on top.
- Cool on a wire rack.