Waffles are good to serve as a dessert or as breakfast. These waffles are so soft in texture too. If you want to serve in the morning make sure to prepare the dough in the evening the day before and bring to the proof. Then punch and leave it in fridge. Make the waffles in the morning.
With out using the waffle maker you can bake them in the oven too.
These bursting Blueberry buns are moist and scrumptious. The cream cheese gives a creamy flavour to the tart while blueberries gives full of goodness and colour. When you open them up the buns the purple colour juices gives a tempting and appealing look. You cant stop eating them at all.
Doing them the way I have done is super simple. You can use burger moulds or disposable foil cases or even muffin pans. If you are using muffin pans try cutting the dough in to smaller pieces. The other way is using a tart cases or one large one.
The other thing is you can leave them in fridge about three days. (I doubt it will stay that long) Can freeze them in individual bags for future use too. If you want to serve these for a high tea or a brunch try cutting them in to smaller pieces .
This is a another one pot meal that you can try in few minutes. This can be served as a starter Or for breakfast or even for as snacks for the kids. If you want this as finger food can be done in mini muffin pans too.
You can mix anything instead of corns or either chicken in this recipe. Only thing is add the same amount only.in this recipe.
Its really simple to clean the corn. Peel it first and then shave the corn to a bowl. Its so nice and creamy when you fresh corn in your recipes than using frozen. When you buy corn make sure to buy the young ones.
Adding spinach is bit tricky. It can give extra water. So make sure to leave the spinach out to drain after washing.
I love banana in any type of a cake. These muffins are one of my favourite muffins. You can do them in a larger batch and freeze them like I do. When ever you want them its there for you in freezer.
These are good for kids lunch boxes too. Add less sugar if you don’t mind. You can cut them in half and serve with cream or ice cream too. These are cafe style muffins and they are really large. You can do them in small muffin pans too If you do them in regular ones you will get 24 muffins or more. So divide the recipe by 2 to get a smaller batch.
To get the recipe for making your own self raising flour click here
To see how to line baking trays click here
These beautiful Chinese cakes are very similar to the sponge cakes we had in Sri Lanka when were kids. So I thought of trying this to renew my memories.
This cake a very spongy very less oil cake. I added less sugar. If you like this to be very sweet add up to 125g sugar. When you beat the eggs make sure to continue at once until it reaches the ribbon stage. After using a spatula fold it well.
Few main tips to follow.
- When you do this make sure to whip well.
- After leave the cupcakes 10 minutes out before putting in oven. If you like a very high sponge use self raising flour or 1/2 tsp baking powder.
If you like you can do a nice icing too.
- 4 Eggs
- 90g Plain flour
- 35 g Corn flour
- 75-100gg sugar
- 10ml oil
- Add eggs in to a mixing bowl. Add sugar little by little while whisking. Add a table spoon boiling water in to the egg mix and keep on mixing until it reaches the ribbon stage.
- After sift the flour in to it and fold in to the egg mix with the oil.
- Fill the patty pans and bake on 180C about 10-15 min.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Always try to use the potatoes with out leaving longer. Potatoes always go dark soon. Then the colours will not be nice.
Squeezing the extra liquid is not that easy. But do as much as you can, or dry on a paper towel.
When you wash the green part of the leek make sure to seperate the leaves first and then wash one by one to remove the mud or dust on it. leeks easily collect mud.
I always like extra taste. You can always reduce or omit stock cubes. I used the vegetable stock cubes.
When you want to serve bacon and eggs for breakfast try this way one day. Its really easy to make in several minutes.
You can do them a day before for reheating too. Instead of adding bacon try adding chicken meat, beef, or seafood. The other way is grating some vegetables or add some cooked vegetable in to that.
- 8 Eggs
- 1 Cup Finely chopped Spring
- 1 Cup Of Bacon
- Salt and Pepper
- 60ml Milk
- Green chillies (Optional)
- 1/2 Cup Cheese
- Break the Eggs , Salt and Pepper in to a mixing bowl . Whisk well.
- Add the spring onions, Milk, bacon , green chillies and cheese and mix well.
- Pour the mixture in to a greased muffin tray and bake on 180c about 15-20 min.
- Serve Hot.
If you love baking and experimenting different types of dough try this strudel dough. You need to roll it to very thin pastry which will become very flaky and crusty after baking. This dough is very pliable . You can use it for savoury dishes too.
This dough has no yeast. If you do this dough and try this recipe you will never go for shop bought pastries.
For the strudel dough
- 375g All purpose flour
- 185 ml Luke warm water
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tsp vinegar
For the Filling
- 4 large Apples peeled & sliced
- Juice of half a lemon for stop browning apples
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon powder
- 100g Sultana
- 50g Sugar
- 50g Corn Starch/potato Starch/bread Crumbs
- Peel and slice the apples . Add lemon juice to stop browning.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix well. Leave aside.
- Add bread flour olive oil , vinegar, salt with water mix and knead several minutes.
- Leave 10 minutes to rest.
- Roll the dough to a rectangular shape as shown in the video.
- Sprinkle the mixed apples and roll from one end to the other.
- Brush some butter and bake on 180c until golden brown on top.
- Sprinkle some icing sugar when cool.
- Serve with cream and ice cream.
Not only Greeks enjoy talking about their history they really enjoy the food too. They have so many beautiful breads and cakes. I love lots of different styles of baking and I thought of sharing this after a friend suggested this to me.
For a more authentically Greek Easter bread, season it with Mahlab and mastic. You can buy online or from Arabian or Greek food stores. This is a very different style of bread with a hot sugar syrup. This syrup absorbs to the bread like a magic.
If you do not like the muffins very sweet you can always omit the sugar syrup. You can half this recipe with out a problem.
Always when you have left overs freeze them and use them when you need.
- 70g Butter
- 75ml Milk
- 100g Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 440g Bread flour
- Zest of one Orange
- 12 g Instant dry Yeast
- 50ml Warm Water
- 100g Sugar
- Vanilla (Few Drops)
- Pinch Cinnamon
- Any kind of a nut chopped for topping
For the Syrup
- 50ml Water
- 150g or 1 cup Sugar
- Add bread flour, orange zest, yeast, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, eggs, milk and water in to a mixing bowl and knead until its smooth and elastic. About 20 min.
- Leave in a greased bowl in a warm place to double in size.
- Then cut in to pieces and make balls. Put them in muffin trays or disposable foil cases.
- Leave to double in a warm place.
- After brush the tops with eggs sprinkle some nuts and bake on 180c about 15-20 min.
- Before taking the bread out boil sugar and water and pour over top of buns when they come out from oven.
- Cool on wire a rack.