Panna Cotta is an easy dessert to try with fruits or with out fruits. This is a simple summery dessert. Normally panna cotta is made with fresh cream or whipping cream. Adding yogurt in to it made it healthy as well as less in calories.
All the different types of fruits goes well with panna cotta. Specially, mangoes, strawberries , blackberries or raspberries gives a nice and a beautiful colour to this dessert.
Doing this dessert in individual moulds works well too. You can make a coulis or puree fresh fruits to serve with this to give additional flavours and colour.
It can be kids Birthday or even a family gathering or sudden visit of friend, we like to make something simple quick and easy. This is a good idea for a quick lunch or dinner or even breakfast. Not only that for take away for a picnic too.
All you need is several simple ingredients you have always. These rolls I always make for kids lunch too. Here with out buying the commercial wraps I bought these these roti bread from a Persian Market close to me. They are fresh and preservative free.
These tiny little bows are really yummy. They are not very sweet. Thats why added icing on top. They are just right to go with a nice cup of coffee.
When you make them make sure to pack them in air tight containers or in bags to keep them fresh and crispy. You can keep them for about one week . If you like it more sweeter add some sugar in to the mix.
- 280g Plain flour
- 70g Corn Flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp. Sour cream
- 5 Egg Yolks
- 60g Butter
- 60ml Baileys Irish cream or fruit juice
- Add flours, butter, salt and mix well.
- While mixing add sour cream and egg yolks. Mix until all start combining.
- Next add the Irish cream and mix until a smooth dough ball forms.
- Divide the dough in to equal size pieces. Roll each dough piece in to a thin layer.
- Using a pasta cutter, or a knife cut in to strips.
- Then again cut across in to small rectangular shapes.
- Press ends to make a bow.
- Prepare and pack on a tray.
- Heat some oil in a pan or your deep fryer.
- When the oil is hot add a batch of bows in to it.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- After sprinkle some icing sugar on top.
- Serve with a coffee.
Cookie dough fudge is a simple and easy no bake and egg free recipe. So easy to make. Not only that you can always freeze them for future use.
When you have time try making the cookie dough balls and leave in fridge. Next you can make the chocolate layer in few minutes. This can be done with white chocolate and make cookie dough balls with dark or milk chocolate too.
This a simple and easy idea for school events , brunch, or even kids birthday parties.
Enjoy making them and share with some friends to have a coffee.
For the cookie Dough
- 60g Butter
- 65g Sugar
- 30ml Milk
- 100g Plain flour
- 75g Chocolate chips
For the fudge
- 300g Chocolate melts
- 50ml Condensed milk
- 40g Butter
- Extra chocolate chips
- Add sugar, butter in to a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Into that add vanilla and flour and mix well.
- Lastly add the chocolate chips and mix until it combines.
- After make balls and leave in fridge.
- Add condensed milk, chocolate, and add butter and melt in a pot on the stove.
- After pour it over the cookie dough balls and decorate with the left over chocolate.
- Put in fridge over night or until sets.
- Cut as you wish.
- Leave in fridge or freeze them to take out when you want.
Tiramisu is a beautifully layered Italian dessert, normally made with raw eggs in and as a custard. I did this with out eggs. One reason is it to give an idea for those who don’t consume eggs.
If you do not like to use liquor please don’t use any at all. Even this tastes beautiful with out eggs and liquor. Instead you can add pure vanilla paste to get more flavour.
All you need to remember is not to soak the cookies longer time. If you dip them longer it can break easily and will not get a nice layers like in my picture. When you leave it over night the flavours go through all the cookies and liquids get absorbed and becomes like at hick slice. I have friends who change the recipe and dip the cookies in drinking chocolate than in coffee. That way it gives a beautiful chocolate flavour to the slice.
Creativity is yours
- 250 Mascarpone
- 3 tbsps. Marsala/Rum (optional)
- 20g cocoa
- Savoiardi Sponge Finger
- 75g Sugar
- 300ml Coffee
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 300ml Whipping Cream
- Whip the cream with sugar until it reaches to the soft peak. Take out.
- In to the same bowl add the mascarpone cheese, vanilla, liquor, several spoons coffee and whisk several minutes.
- After add the whipped cream in to the mixing bowl. Mix well together.
- Dip the cookies in coffee.
- Spread a layer of mascarpone.
- Continue with several layers.
- Finally spread another layer of mascarpone and sprinkle some cocoa or grated chocolate.
- Leave in fridge overnight.
- Cut and serve with more cream or ice cream.
Sometimes I feel that we are working like machines from morning to night. I know its not only me we all are. What we were used to do before , I mean when we are kids is no more easy. So we all like to find short cuts or simple ways. I try to share simple recipes most of the time. This is one of them. So simple and easy to make. It looks very colourful and taste nice too.
When you crush the cookies for this recipe ,make sure to crush finely. So there are no lumps and it sets well too. The flavour of the cherries are so nice in this but I find the colour is not enough. So I added red food colouring or even pink. If you love your sweets very sweet try adding a bit more sugar. if you find the slice is not dry enough always add a bit more coconut. It will set it properly.
The slice can be kept in fridge about 2 weeks in fridge, You freeze them in snack bags to take them when ever you want. The advantage is you can make them a day or two before to please a crowd. Enjoy!
- 150g Plain Cookies
- 200g Glazed Red Cherries
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- 130g Desiccated coconut
- 1/2 can Condensed Milk
- Red Food Colouring
- 180g Chocolate
- 20g Butter
- Once set, Melt the chocolate with butter and pour on top of the slice and put it back in to the fridge.
- Add desiccated coconut, vanilla, butter, cherries and red food colouring in to the crushed cookies.
- Process the cookies until crumbles.
- Mix well and press in to a baking tray or any kind of a tray. Leave in fridge.
- Cut in to squares and leave in an air tight container in the fridge.
Waffles are a easy , simple and a quick choice for a breakfast or to serve as an dessert. So easy to make. There are so many varieties of waffles. These waffles are so light in texture, crunchy out side. Most recipes are based on yeast to get this beautiful texture.
To serve the waffle there are so many options. you can serve it with fresh or stewed fruits and cream or ice cream. You can mix vegetables or meat to make savoury waffles too. I will be uploading several different types of waffles in future.
All you need is a waffle maker. If you don’t have a waffle maker still you can use a sandwich maker to do this. These days there are so many options. for easy storing now they have created the waffle plates only. So easy and cheap to buy online. If you want to select a waffle maker make sure to buy with a deep grid pattern. So when you pour cream or honey it holds it nicely each deep hole and distribute the flavours equally.
Toppings are always your choice. Try serving with fruits, Icing sugar, honey, syrups, fresh fruits, whipping or pouring cream etc…..
- 200g Plain Flour
- 30g Butter
- 3g Instant yeast
- 3g Salt
- 80ml Milk
- 30g Sugar
- Oil for spraying
- 1 Egg
- Add flour, butter, yeast, salt, sugar & milk and mix well about 3-4 minutes.
- Leave the dough in fridge for proofing.
- After Take it out and make balls and press them in a waffle maker.
- Serve hot or leave them to cool on a wire rack.
- Serve with fruits and cream or ice cream.
We find so many recipies include Oreo cookies as an ingredient these days. Kids love them I know. When I bring some for a recipe I have to hide them somewhere that my kids can’t find them.if not after I prepare everything Oreo goes missing. That happened to me so many times..
This recipe calls for only three ingredients and so simple and easy to make. I have made this for special afternoon teas and functions so many times and I can promise you that this work really well.
Only thing is when you melt the chocolate try not to over heat as it can go guey. The method for double broiling is to cook the chocolates in a bowl on simmering water until it melts. Good quality chocolates work really well in microwave too.
- 750g White chocolate melts
- 390 g Condensed Milk
- 4 Packets Oreo Cookies
- Melt the chocolate on a double broiler or even in microwave.
- Add a can of condensed milk in to the chocolate.
- Break the Oreos in to Small pieces.
- Mix with the white chocolate and the condensed milk.
- Pour in to the prepared pan.
- Decorate with the left over cookies.
- Place in fridge overnight or several hours until it sets.
- Cut as you wish.
- Can freeze for several months.
Its really handy to have several easy desert recipes in our personal cook book. This is one of them. So simple and easy to make as well as can keep longer. I always try to give you all the exact recipes that work as a charm.
If you are a vegetarian you can always adjust the recipes with Agar Agar. 1 tablespoon gelatine powder = 2tablespoon agar flakes and 2 teaspoon agar agar powder.
I found if you reduce the milk to 200ml it works better. Its up to you to decide.
- 300ml Milk
- 85g Plain Flour
- 1 Tblsp cocoa Powder+ 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 Can condensed milk
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 6 Eggs
- 50g Melted powder
- 20g Gelatine powder
- Dissolve cocoa in warm water
- Add milk in to a pot & Dissolve gelatine. (Whisk while adding gelatine in to milk.)
- Next add vanilla, condensed milk and bring to boil.
- Whisk eggs with sugar in a mixing bowl.
- After add flour and butter .
- Later add the boiled milk in to the mixing bowl. Whisk well.
- After Take out and divide in to two parts. Add dissolved chocolate into one. Pour as directed in video.
- Chill over night.
- Serve with cream or ice cream.