Oreo Cookies one of my favourites. I love anything with Oreos. Sometimes I use them for the crust of cheese cakes or with the filling for cakes too. I made these scones for friend who rang to say she will be coming in few hours. Something simple to make for a quick baking too.
With out having the same scone try this one, I am sure you are going to love them. After serving her the leftovers I put in the oven for several minutes(4 minutes), then I switched off the oven and let it be there and it gave a nice cookie. Such a special treat. I love them too. So I served as a cookie for my family after.
- 400g Self raising Flour
- 50g Sugar
- 60g Butter
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 70ml Whipping cream
- Oreo Cookies 1 packet
- Add the flour , and butter in to a mixing bowl and mix well.
- While mixing add the eggs vanilla, cream and sugar and mix well until it comes to a soft dough.
- After add flour on to the bench and knead adding the crushed Oreo cookies.
- After make a round dough
- Cut in to pieces as in video and bake 20 minutes on 180c.
- Cool on a wire rack.
This was a very nice cake. I made this for my daughters birthday. I forgot to take a photo after cutting it. Her friends finished that even before 5 minutes. So nothing left to take a photo. :). I know the taste of the bite I got before she served her friends, That was divine. No wonder why they finished it so quickly.
Making this cake is super easy. To do the cake you don’t need a mixer. Its one bowl cake. Make sure to mix well. Instead of potato flour you can always use corn flour. Both flours work the same way giving a soft texture . Butter milk is expensive when you buy from the supermarket. Making your own saves money as well as stop worrying what to do next with the leftover butter milk. You make what you want only.
When you add make sure you get more sugar from it too. So feel free to adjust the level of sugar to your liking. As I added only 100g sugar only thats just good for my taste. Add more if you like it very sweet.
Cocoa powder comes in different forms. Dark, natural or light. I always use natural or dark to get the taste as well as the colour.The filling can be done as a normal butter cream or with the cream cheese filling like I did. Trust me the taste of the cheese and icing with the Oreo cookies makes it divine. The chunky cookie pieces are in every bite and make it so different from the other types of icing.
When baking cakes make sure to keep an eye always as different recipes cooks differently. Don’t let it burn. then it will go hard.
For the Cake
- 100g dark or milk cooking or baking chocolate
- 100g Butter
- 60ml Boiling water
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 90g Self Raising flour
- 60g Potato Flour or corn flour
- 90ml Milk + 1tsp Vinegar
- 185g Condensed milk
- 35g Cocoa Powder
- For the Filling
- 150 icing sugar
- 1 Tsps. Whipping cream
- 100g Butter
- 1 tap vanilla
- 1/2 slab cream cheese.
- 1-2 packets Oreo cookies.
For the Icing
- Half of mix left from the filling with out cookies
- More icing sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp. dark cocoa powder
- Into a bowl add the 60ml boiling water and add the chocolate and mix well .
- Next add the milk (Add vinegar Before) in to the chocolate and microwave or double boil it.
- After add the butter and whisk until the butter melts.
- Into a large mixing bowl sift the flours.
- Make a well in the centre and add the sugar & eggs. Mix.
- After add the cocoa mix and whisk until it get mixed.
- Next add the condensed milk In to it and mix.
- Pour in to the prepared cake pan and bake on 170c about 1 hour or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan covered with a tea towel about 20minutes and after transfer on to a wire rack.
- After Cut the cake to two slabs.
- Add cream cheese , whipping cream in to a mixing bowl with vanilla and start whisking .
- Next add butter and whisk about 30 seconds and add the icing sugar little by little on a low speed and after start whisking on high.
- After take out and break the Oreo cookies in to half of the whipped cream and mix well.
- Leave the other half in the mixing bowl.
- Put the Oreo cream mix on to the base of the cake and spread it nice and even.
- Cover the cake with the other half. Press well. Leave in fridge.
- Into the other half of the whipped cream mix add more icing sugar and start whisking.
- In to that add 1-2 Tbsp. cocoa powder and keep on mixing until it comes to the consistency to spread and do the icing.
- Spread the icing to cover the cake. Leave in fridge. Take back and smoothen with more and the rest of the mix fill in to a piping bag.
- Pipe as you wish.
- Always leave this in fridge. (Can keep 3-4 day in fridge or can freeze with out a problem.
We find so many recipies include Oreo cookies as an ingredient these days. Kids love them I know. When I bring some for a recipe I have to hide them somewhere that my kids can’t find them.if not after I prepare everything Oreo goes missing. That happened to me so many times..
This recipe calls for only three ingredients and so simple and easy to make. I have made this for special afternoon teas and functions so many times and I can promise you that this work really well.
Only thing is when you melt the chocolate try not to over heat as it can go guey. The method for double broiling is to cook the chocolates in a bowl on simmering water until it melts. Good quality chocolates work really well in microwave too.
- 750g White chocolate melts
- 390 g Condensed Milk
- 4 Packets Oreo Cookies
- Melt the chocolate on a double broiler or even in microwave.
- Add a can of condensed milk in to the chocolate.
- Break the Oreos in to Small pieces.
- Mix with the white chocolate and the condensed milk.
- Pour in to the prepared pan.
- Decorate with the left over cookies.
- Place in fridge overnight or several hours until it sets.
- Cut as you wish.
- Can freeze for several months.