It can be kids Birthday or even a family gathering or sudden visit of friend, we like to make something simple quick and easy. This is a good idea for a quick lunch or dinner or even breakfast. Not only that for take away for a picnic too.
All you need is several simple ingredients you have always. These rolls I always make for kids lunch too. Here with out buying the commercial wraps I bought these these roti bread from a Persian Market close to me. They are fresh and preservative free.
These tiny little bows are really yummy. They are not very sweet. Thats why added icing on top. They are just right to go with a nice cup of coffee.
When you make them make sure to pack them in air tight containers or in bags to keep them fresh and crispy. You can keep them for about one week . If you like it more sweeter add some sugar in to the mix.
- 280g Plain flour
- 70g Corn Flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp. Sour cream
- 5 Egg Yolks
- 60g Butter
- 60ml Baileys Irish cream or fruit juice
- Add flours, butter, salt and mix well.
- While mixing add sour cream and egg yolks. Mix until all start combining.
- Next add the Irish cream and mix until a smooth dough ball forms.
- Divide the dough in to equal size pieces. Roll each dough piece in to a thin layer.
- Using a pasta cutter, or a knife cut in to strips.
- Then again cut across in to small rectangular shapes.
- Press ends to make a bow.
- Prepare and pack on a tray.
- Heat some oil in a pan or your deep fryer.
- When the oil is hot add a batch of bows in to it.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- After sprinkle some icing sugar on top.
- Serve with a coffee.
I got this recipe from a friend and I did it ones to please a crowd. Its so nice and beautiful. Trust me ,Can keep on eating the whole slice with out a problem. This is a good idea for a brunch , high tea or a small party at home or for your weekly baking.
I love anything make of almonds. The rich look and creamier taste gives it unique flavour to it.
For the Base
- 90g Butter
- 90g Plain flour
- 40g Self Raising flour
- 1 Egg
For the Topping
- 2 Eggs
- 90g Butter
- 90g Sugar
- 175g Almond meal
- 50g Plan flour
- Mix sugar and butter until nice and creamy.
- After add the egg and whisk well.
- Lastly add the vanilla and the flour and mix well.
- Spread that on a baking pan with a wet spatula and leave aside.
- Next start doing the topping by adding butter and sugar and mix well.
- While whisking add the eggs into it. And whisk 2 minutes.
- After add the almond meal and the plain flour and mix well.
- Spread the Almond mix on the base you prepared earlier.
- Bake on 180c about 20 -30minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Some one can ask why you mix Toblerone in a slice with out having it on its own. This recipe is strong enough to break that argument. The mixture makes the Toblerone tastes nicer. The crunches in the Toblerone makes the slice taste better as well as the cocoa makes the Toblerone tastes much better.
This slice is so simple and easy to make in few minutes. You don’t need a machine to mix too. This is a mix and bake recipe.
- 75g Self raising flour
- 25g Plain Flour
- 25g cocoa
- 50g Chocolate
- 125g Butter
- 2 Toblerone
- 1 Egg
- 125g Caster Sugar
- 60ml Boiling Water
- Preheat the oven to 160c.
- Prepare a 6×6 inch cake pan.
- In to a microwaveable bowl add butter, boiling Water, and part of the Toblerone and heat until it melts.
- Sift the flours with cocoa.
- Beat the egg.
- In to the cocoa and flour mix add the melted ingredients and the egg and mix well.
- After add the sugar and mix about two minutes.
- Pour half of the mix and sprinkle the chocolate melts.
- Pour the other half on top.
- Break the Toblerone and press in to the batter.
- Bake about 20-30 min. , or until sets.
- Cool completely before cutting.
This slice once brought to work by a Croatian colleague and it was a hit. So after appreciation I got this beautiful recipe that will take you to another world. its so easy and simple no bake recipe. take only few minutes to assemble.
There are several advantage of this recipe. Can make a big batch and freeze in zip lock bags for future use. Few easy steps to follow. As its a no bake recipe saves your time. From these large wafers and do nearly 50-80 large pieces.
If you cant find the larger wafer sheets try using the ice cream wafers. Then you do not need to cut at all and it will look nice too.
Instead of using almond or pistachio try using walnuts as Croatians do. I am not a fan of walnuts. So I did it differently. Instead of adding butter add a bit more chocolate.
- 1 Packet Wafers
- 1 can Condensed Milk
- 250g Almond Meal
- 150g Crushed Pistachio
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. Brandy
- 350g Chocolate
- 250g Butter
- Add chocolate, condensed Milk, Butter and vanilla in to a pot. Heat the mix until butter and chocolate melts.
- After add more vanilla and the brandy. Stir well.
- Add the pistachios and the almond meal. Mix well.
- Lay one wafer slices on a tray.
- Put the mix on it and spread evenly.
- Continue layering as you wish.
- Put a weight on top. Lave one hour to press. After put it in fridge over night.
- Cut according to the way or the size as you wish.
Sometimes I feel that we are working like machines from morning to night. I know its not only me we all are. What we were used to do before , I mean when we are kids is no more easy. So we all like to find short cuts or simple ways. I try to share simple recipes most of the time. This is one of them. So simple and easy to make. It looks very colourful and taste nice too.
When you crush the cookies for this recipe ,make sure to crush finely. So there are no lumps and it sets well too. The flavour of the cherries are so nice in this but I find the colour is not enough. So I added red food colouring or even pink. If you love your sweets very sweet try adding a bit more sugar. if you find the slice is not dry enough always add a bit more coconut. It will set it properly.
The slice can be kept in fridge about 2 weeks in fridge, You freeze them in snack bags to take them when ever you want. The advantage is you can make them a day or two before to please a crowd. Enjoy!
- 150g Plain Cookies
- 200g Glazed Red Cherries
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- 130g Desiccated coconut
- 1/2 can Condensed Milk
- Red Food Colouring
- 180g Chocolate
- 20g Butter
- Once set, Melt the chocolate with butter and pour on top of the slice and put it back in to the fridge.
- Add desiccated coconut, vanilla, butter, cherries and red food colouring in to the crushed cookies.
- Process the cookies until crumbles.
- Mix well and press in to a baking tray or any kind of a tray. Leave in fridge.
- Cut in to squares and leave in an air tight container in the fridge.
- 2 egg whites
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- 125 g sugar
- Add the egg whites in to a clean mixing bowl with cream of tartar.
- Next rain the sugar while whisking.
- Add the colour you like.
- Fill in to a piping bag and pipe on to a tray.
- Leave on the bench several main.
- Bake on 130 for 30 to 50 min
When I go to an Asian bakery at least if I am passing I try to buy something new. Then I eat bite by bite writing all the ingredients. Then i create the recipe…. Most of the time I success. Some times I fail. But I never give up. I create it after several attempts, then it is tastier than what I ate. This recipe is one of them. I never give a wrong recipe. that’s why I am slowly moving ahead.
Canned tuna is not tasty by itself unless you buy the flavoured or even flavour it by your self. I like to add a creamier taste to it always. It’s much better than the spicier taste. If you can use the fresh tuna that’s the best. Baking this bun is really easy. Always when you do baking you need to have the correct room temperature above at least 20. If not always the pre heat the oven to 30 celcius and switch off or reduce to 20 and leave the dough in the oven to rise. if you make the temperature high it will not work too.
When you try baking for the first time it might not be the perfect. But don’t giveup. Try again and again. Always practice makes it perfect. Then you will find baking is the easiest thing in the world. Instead of sesame you can add any kind of a seed or can omit with out a proble. Same as the spices and chillies in the recipe. If you have any query dont hesitate to contact me too. I really want to share my knowledge with all who likes baking. Bon Appetit!
In this recipe you can omit several if you dislike or have any allegies.
- 400g bread flour
- 60g sour cream/Curd
- 2tblsp Sesame seeds
- 7g yeast
- 1tsp Salt
- 60-75ml Milk
- 50ml oil
- 1tblsp Sugar
- 1tsp baking powder
For the filling
- 1 can Tuna ( squeeze water out)
- 2 Shallots sliced
- Salt And Pepper
- 3 Eggs
- Green chillies(Optional)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tblsp Mixed spice
- 1 Cup Cheese
- Chopped Spring onions
- 1/2 slab 125g Cream Cheese or sour cream
- Add the bread flour, sugar yeast, salt, baking powder, sesame seeds, sour cream in to a mixing bowl and mix well
- Add oil and milk next. Knead the dough well about 10 minutes.
- Leave the dough to double in size in a warm place.
- Add tuna, salt, Pepper, Garlic powder, onions, spring onions, Green chillies, eggs, cream cheese, with the spices to a mixing bowl. Mix well & leave aside.
- When the dough is double in size knead it again and cut the dough in to equal size pieces.
- Then roll each dough piece to a circle.
- Put the filling in the middle.
- Fold the ends as directed in the video.
- Leave on trays to double in size.
- When its double in size sprinkle cheese, brush with the eggs, Bake on 180c about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 110g Self raising flour
- 150g Sugar
- 160g Butter
- 50g Cocoa powder
- 100g Chocolate chips or nuts
- Melt the butter and let it cool down for few minutes.
- Add the sugar and vanilla . Whisk well.
- Add flour and cocoa after sifting. Mix well.
- Whisk the eggs well and add in to the batter . Whisk well.
- Pour in to a microwaveable dish.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- After cook for 30 seconds and open the door and check.
- If not do another 30 seconds.
- Leave in tray to cool down.
- Sprinkle icing sugar on top.