I made this cake for a farewell party. This tastes awesome. When pineapples are in season try making them for a change and I am sure that you are going to love this recipe. I guarantee my my recopies 100%.
if you are using canned pineapple make sure to drain well before using. But its worth trying with fresh pineapple.
When baking the cake if the cake is going darker on top lower the temperature to 150 c and bake several more minutes extra or cover the top of the cake with a foil. This cake needs time to rest after baking. If you can bake the day before it s going to be the best. So it helps to set well. And always the fruit cakes are nicer the next day. You cant stop eating after. Trust me even even no crumbs left from this cake. 🙂
Pineapple & chocolate gateau was made to the request of one of the subscribers. She requested me for a cake that is very popular in a restaurant in Sri Lanka. So I did this cake as a copycat for that .
This cake is a very moist cake. but if you are serving this cake as a dessert try wetting the cake with more pineapple juice before adding the icing.
Also try adding pineapple in the middle if you are using the cake the same day. Make sure to put the cake in the fridge too.
With out adding pineapple you can freeze this cake for up to 3 months.
- 21/2 cups of diced pineapple or 1/2 of a pineapple
- 4 Cups cooked rice( left over better)
- Chives or corriander
- 1/2 cup roastedcashew nuts
- 1/4 cup roasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 Tblsp fish sauce
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/2 a capsicum
- 3 Eggs
- 4 Red chillies
- 1 Onion chopped
- Oil for stir frying
- Salt and pepper
- Add oil in to a pan and fry onion ginger and garlic. Cook for two minutes
- Add capsicum,chillies, peas, stir and make a well in the centre.
- Break the eggs and let it set and then scramble it.
- Add salt, pepper and pineapple. Cook two minutes. ( do not over cook)
- Next add rice , cashew, chives, sesame and the sauces and cook further 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle some corriander and mix well.
- Serve hot with a curry or as it is.