Leeks pancakes are so simple and easy to make. You can always make them with spring onions too. These are a crunchy pancake that you can make as a larger batch and freeze to take out when ever you want.
Cut the pancakes in to triangles and serve as a side or as a snack.
Wash and cut the leeks as fine as you can. ( Don’t process or chop in a machine) Add enough salt and pepper and also a table spoon full olive oil or butter in to it.
Take a cup of flour with enough salt and warm water. The water temperature should be about 60-70c. Add the warm water bit by bit and knead the dough until smooth.
Take the dough out and cut the the dough to equal parts. Make balls and cover it with a clean tea towel and leave 1/2 ah hour on the bench to rest.
Take one ball out and roll it to a circular shape. Butter or oil the surface of the circle.
Put the prepared leek mix in the middle and roll it and make a coil.
Press down the prepared coil and roll using a rolling pin.
Cook on both sides until golden brown. Serve hot with a curry , chutney, yogurt or a dip.
I already published one recipe to do thin pancakes. This recipe takes no time to do at all. When you are busy and want to change your breakfast to something else Try these beautiful and easy to make pancakes.
The things you need for this recipe is always in your cupboard and fridge. When you want to add some extra flavour to this you can always go for other options such as parsley, celery leaves, leeks, or even cooked meat or fish. Always creativity is in your hands.
The other thing is these pancakes can be made a day head for the lunch boxes too. Also this can be served as a sweet cake with cream and berries or even bananas.
The other ingredients to top up or use as a filling, are Eggs, Chopped chives, Salt and pepper.
Flat Breads are so easy to make. Takes only few minutes. If you can mash the potatoes and make the filling when you are free , this is so simple to make on a busy week day. Just add the filling and making it flat only. As they are yeast free it comes nice and crusty.
You can add different flours and make it really healthy too. I added spelt whole meal flour and plain flour. You can use few spoons full of other flours to make it more healthy. Fillings can be done in your way with what ever in your fridge.
This will be good to keep a day or too in fridge to take to work or use it again. Will not be good in freezing.
Flat breads or wraps are very simple and easy to make. I always use this simple recipe to make wraps with whole meal flour. If you use wholemeal flour only thing is you will need extra water for kneading.
Try adding different ingredients to the dough to make it healthy as possible. I use the kibble mix or even soy and linseed, sesame, wheat germ or flax meal. While you are enjoying a healthy wrap gets lots of fibre and nutritions too.
Leaving the dough to rest helps to make nice and even wraps. Rolling becomes much easier too. You can add any oil to your choice. i like using coconut and olive oil always to get the benefits.
My mum used to add some green leaves to it to make the flat breads more healthy. Filling can be done according to your personal choice. If you like meal or fish can add them while vegetarians can have options like tofu or pickled vegetables with the fresh veggies. Even this bread can be used with dips or curried to dunk in.
You need to be near the solve all the time. I have a friend who uses her sandwich press to make square or rectangular roti as she is so lazy to stand near the stove. 😀 Isn’t that a clever idea. 😀
- 259g Plain flour
- 130ml water
- 35ml oil
- Add flour, salt, oil and mix well adding water.
- knead 2-3 minutes.
- Leave to rest.(about 15 minutes)
- Make balls and leave again to rest about 5-10 minutes.
- Take one out flatten as thinner as you can.
- Put it on a hot pan and cook both sides. Apply oil for crispier breads.
- Fill with salt if you are vegetarian and add meat or fish as you wish.
- 450g PlainFlour
- Enough water to Knead
- 1 Tsp Baking powder
- 2 Tblsp Margarine/butter/oil
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp vinegar
For the Filling
- 3 Packets spinach
- 500g Ricotta
- 100g Feta
- Add flour, baking powder, margarine, salt with vinegar to a mixing bowl.
- Mix well and add water to make a smooth dough. ( don’t make it very soft or very hard)
- Leave it on the bench (Out side)to rest.
- Next start mixing the filling. Add all to a bowl. Mix well. Leave aside.
- After cut the dough as you wish.
- Make balls and roll to a circle.
- Put the filling in the middle.
- Shallow fry or just pan fry. ( On a low heat)
This is a very simple flat bread that you can try. All you need is some potatoes and flour. Assemble them together and cook in a pan. Make a simple sipping gravy or a curry to assemble or even goes well with butter cheese or jam.
You can boil the potatoes a head and use when you want. take only less than 20 minutes to do this.
- 600 g Boiled Potatoes
- 200 g Plain flour
- 2 Tblsp Baking Powder
- Salt to your taste
- 3 Tblsp Oil
- Boil the potatoes
- Peel and mash. ( do not need to mash very fine).
- Add salt, baking powder and mix well.
- Next add the flour and knead well.While kneading add oil. Cut the dough in to 4 parts.
- Make balls out from each.
- flatten it using a rolling pin. ( don’t make it very thin)
- cut the rolled flatten dough to 4 parts as shown in the video.
- cook on a pan both sides until golden brown.