Always try to use the potatoes with out leaving longer. Potatoes always go dark soon. Then the colours will not be nice.
Squeezing the extra liquid is not that easy. But do as much as you can, or dry on a paper towel.
When you wash the green part of the leek make sure to seperate the leaves first and then wash one by one to remove the mud or dust on it. leeks easily collect mud.
I always like extra taste. You can always reduce or omit stock cubes. I used the vegetable stock cubes.
Salmon patties are one of my favourites. When we were in SriLanka we had the same with fresh tuna. My mum made them small like the size of a plum. Coated the same way. I did the same here for the salmon. When you dip patties in eggs its really thin and always breakable and also looks bad too. But when you dip the patties in flour and water mix it helps to hold the shape and also give s a nice crust. This nice crunchy patties tastes better too.
The patties can be cooked in several ways. I prefer to use oven when I need a rest after. Deep fried patties are the best in taste. They are more crunchier too. You can pan fry them too. What ever the way you prefer it tastes nice and look nicer too. When you use panko crumbs it gives the nice crunch and a look to the patties. Serve them hot with a side salad or steamed fresh veggies.
Salmon is rich in omega3 fatty acids and also proteins. Salmon can be cooked in different ways. Its a healthy option for quick and easy meal. Its has so many health benefits. Try cooking salmon in different ways.
I love pastry so this meal gives the crunchy crust out side while you get the flavourful middle. Adding spinach in to the salmon with creme fraiche gives a creamier taste to the salmon. When you serve a side salad too it becomes a full meal.
Ingredients ( Serves 4)
- 600g Salmon
- 4 Pastries
- 1 tub (200g) creme fraiche /sour cream/cream cheese
- 20g Butter
- Salt & pepper
- 1/2 Bunch dill
- 3 Shallots
- 200g Spinach
- 1 egg for brushing the pastry
- Add the butter, Shallots, dill stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add spinach , salt, & pepper and stir fry until dry.
- In a seperate bowl mix creme fraiche, dill, salt and pepper together.
- Lay the pastry on a tray or on the bench. Brush with eggs.
- Put salmon and spinach, and a tea spoon full creme fraiche. Spread.
- Cover with the pastry. Cut ends and seal the ends.
- Brush with eggs.
- Bake on 180c about 20 -30 min or until golden brown on top.
- Serve with a side salad and creme fraiche.