This is a another one pot meal that you can try in few minutes. This can be served as a starter Or for breakfast or even for as snacks for the kids. If you want this as finger food can be done in mini muffin pans too.
You can mix anything instead of corns or either chicken in this recipe. Only thing is add the same amount only.in this recipe.
Its really simple to clean the corn. Peel it first and then shave the corn to a bowl. Its so nice and creamy when you fresh corn in your recipes than using frozen. When you buy corn make sure to buy the young ones.
Adding spinach is bit tricky. It can give extra water. So make sure to leave the spinach out to drain after washing.
These little tartlets are really good and so simple and easy to make. They do not need any proofing like other breads. It can be made in less than an hour. It makes a full meal when you add a topping with meat and vegetables. Also can be served as a side or as a canape too.
Instead of the meat I used left over meat from the roast or even a simple curry with vegetables will be good on this tart. After baking it gives a nice golden colour crust too. Make your own filling for this and enjoy!
Winter is the best time for using cauliflower and the broccoli. They look very fresh and appealing. Combine both together to make a budget one pot meal. If you are not a vegetarian add some bacon or pulled meat in to it to make a full meal. bake until nice golden brown.
This recipe will serve four people.Select fresh cauliflower and a broccoli head. Cut them in florets. Wash them well.
Prepare the ingredients needed.
- Slice the onions & garlic finely.
- You will need salt & pepper, 1 Tsp stock curry powder and a cup of shredded cheese, 20g butter, 3 table spoon full flour, 1 cup cream and a cup of milk.
- Lay the cauliflower and broccoli florets in a baking tray.
- Add the butter in to a pan.
- After add the onions in to a pan. Stir fry well.
- Next add any herb as you wish and stir fry the onions are translucent.
- When the onions are translucent add the flour
- Cook stirring continuously about 30 seconds.
- After add the milk little by little and stir well.
- After add the cream and stir until it thickens.
Add the cheese in and stir well. Add until it the sauce is thick..
Add the thick white cheese sauce on to the cauliflower and broccoli . Spread well.
Put it in the oven. Bake it on 200c about 20- 30 minutes.
One day I thought of making the chicken breasts a bit different with some flavour. I used to steam or stir fry always and I was bored eating the same always. So I made these baked chicken breasts with a cream cheese filling. It gave a lot of flavour to the chicken breasts and also it prevent drying out when baking. Try this recipe for a change.
Spinach and ricotta rolls can be done with different ways with filo pastry or puff pastry. When you do with puff pastry it tastes much better and making them take a bit less time too. This recipe is suitable to do as mini rolls too if you want to serve as a an entree.
I always do these pastries in filo. But I had some leftover puff pastry and I used them to make a big batch of them. I baked half of them and left the other half in freezer to use another time. I always do this. Leaving something standby to use on a busy day makes you comfortable with out giving extra stress.
To freeze them , wrap in baking papers or put them in freezer bags separately. Don’t let them stuck together. Then the thawing time increases. Make sure to squeeze the extra water in spinach throughly.
I already published one recipe to do thin pancakes. This recipe takes no time to do at all. When you are busy and want to change your breakfast to something else Try these beautiful and easy to make pancakes.
The things you need for this recipe is always in your cupboard and fridge. When you want to add some extra flavour to this you can always go for other options such as parsley, celery leaves, leeks, or even cooked meat or fish. Always creativity is in your hands.
The other thing is these pancakes can be made a day head for the lunch boxes too. Also this can be served as a sweet cake with cream and berries or even bananas.
The other ingredients to top up or use as a filling, are Eggs, Chopped chives, Salt and pepper.
I always like to do different styles of baking. Always I try to improve the dough in each recipe. This is one of them. The bread comes so nice and fluffy. So the texture of this bread scroll is very soft and moist too.
The filling can be done in different ways.You can use the sliced meat or shredded meat from the deli with cheese slices. (Thats the easiest) If not you can use the left overs from the Sunday roast or can prepare them on your own. Make sure not to have a liquids. Then the bread will go soggy underneath. Even the cheese will do this to the bread if you use a very fatty version of cheese. I used the proceed cheese because of that.
As I always mention, when adding water do not add once. When using eggs for a recipe, make sure to add a little at once. Then wait and add a bit more. This way the dough will comes soft and pliable.
Always leave space in between the scrolls to prove. I used a 12x 4 inch pan for this recipe. If you are living in a cooler climate make sure to preheat oven to 25-30c and leave the dough in the oven. That way it helps to prove quickly.
- 400g Bread flour
- 2 Eggs
- 10g instant dry yeast
- 5g Salt
- 10g Sugar
- 200-250ml water
- 1 egg for the scrolls
- Salt and pepper
- Another egg for egg wash
- Sliced or shredded cheese
- Any meat as you wish
- Add the bread flour, yeast, salt, sugar, and the eggs in to a mixing bowl.
- Then mix it well.
- After add the water little by little until it makes a smooth dough and keep on kneading for 15-20 minutes.
- Take out and put in to greased bowl , cover and leave in a warm place to double in size.
- When the dough is doubled in size take out and punch down.
- After put the dough on to a floured bench and knead a minute or two adding a bit more flour to get to the consistency you like.
- After roll the dough to a large rectangle.
- Beat one egg with salt and pepper and brush it on the dough.
- Season with anything you wish.
- Lay the cheese and the meat. (Read the description above)
- Roll the dough pressing inwards. (This way it tightens)
- Cut to the size you like.
- Leave to double in size.
- Brush the top with the remaining egg and bake on 180c about 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
When I go to an Asian bakery at least if I am passing I try to buy something new. Then I eat bite by bite writing all the ingredients. Then i create the recipe…. Most of the time I success. Some times I fail. But I never give up. I create it after several attempts, then it is tastier than what I ate. This recipe is one of them. I never give a wrong recipe. that’s why I am slowly moving ahead.
Canned tuna is not tasty by itself unless you buy the flavoured or even flavour it by your self. I like to add a creamier taste to it always. It’s much better than the spicier taste. If you can use the fresh tuna that’s the best. Baking this bun is really easy. Always when you do baking you need to have the correct room temperature above at least 20. If not always the pre heat the oven to 30 celcius and switch off or reduce to 20 and leave the dough in the oven to rise. if you make the temperature high it will not work too.
When you try baking for the first time it might not be the perfect. But don’t giveup. Try again and again. Always practice makes it perfect. Then you will find baking is the easiest thing in the world. Instead of sesame you can add any kind of a seed or can omit with out a proble. Same as the spices and chillies in the recipe. If you have any query dont hesitate to contact me too. I really want to share my knowledge with all who likes baking. Bon Appetit!
In this recipe you can omit several if you dislike or have any allegies.
- 400g bread flour
- 60g sour cream/Curd
- 2tblsp Sesame seeds
- 7g yeast
- 1tsp Salt
- 60-75ml Milk
- 50ml oil
- 1tblsp Sugar
- 1tsp baking powder
For the filling
- 1 can Tuna ( squeeze water out)
- 2 Shallots sliced
- Salt And Pepper
- 3 Eggs
- Green chillies(Optional)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tblsp Mixed spice
- 1 Cup Cheese
- Chopped Spring onions
- 1/2 slab 125g Cream Cheese or sour cream
- Add the bread flour, sugar yeast, salt, baking powder, sesame seeds, sour cream in to a mixing bowl and mix well
- Add oil and milk next. Knead the dough well about 10 minutes.
- Leave the dough to double in size in a warm place.
- Add tuna, salt, Pepper, Garlic powder, onions, spring onions, Green chillies, eggs, cream cheese, with the spices to a mixing bowl. Mix well & leave aside.
- When the dough is double in size knead it again and cut the dough in to equal size pieces.
- Then roll each dough piece to a circle.
- Put the filling in the middle.
- Fold the ends as directed in the video.
- Leave on trays to double in size.
- When its double in size sprinkle cheese, brush with the eggs, Bake on 180c about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
When you want to serve bacon and eggs for breakfast try this way one day. Its really easy to make in several minutes.
You can do them a day before for reheating too. Instead of adding bacon try adding chicken meat, beef, or seafood. The other way is grating some vegetables or add some cooked vegetable in to that.
- 8 Eggs
- 1 Cup Finely chopped Spring
- 1 Cup Of Bacon
- Salt and Pepper
- 60ml Milk
- Green chillies (Optional)
- 1/2 Cup Cheese
- Break the Eggs , Salt and Pepper in to a mixing bowl . Whisk well.
- Add the spring onions, Milk, bacon , green chillies and cheese and mix well.
- Pour the mixture in to a greased muffin tray and bake on 180c about 15-20 min.
- Serve Hot.