If you like a meal in a different way try using this recipe for a change. I used chicken breast in this recipe. My famil;y love this dish. I always serve this with a nice side salad. You can even try on crusty or toasted bread. If you like to create a onepot meal try adding extra vegetables and you willget a nice dish for a dinner with no time.
To create a meal you can add potatoes, carrots and celery. That will add extar flavours too.
These mini coconut loves are loaded with coconut and also the flavours. This can be cut in to several small slices and serve for high tea or even for a brunch.You can bake them for school fairs or to give away for Christmas.
I love coconut as well as bread. I cant stop eating them when ever I make them. These small cakes can be done in small baking pans or loaf cases. If you cant find them make sure to use a larger tray leaving space to grow. If you are willing to buy them try online. I buy them online.
When you have time you can prepare the coconut mix and leave in fridge. It saves time. If you find it runny make sure to add a bit more coconut. Any way coconut absorb all the excess liquids in few minutes.
Baking trays comes in different styles and shapes. Not only that it comes in different materials too. Aluminium, metal, foil, silicone and Teflon (non stick) are some of them. Still I prefer to line them with baking papers and also with butter and flour.
There are several ways of lining a baking tray.
- covering with butter completely and then put flour in and cover the whole tray. This is an old method but it works well.
- Lining with baking paper is the second method.
- Spraying the non stick pans is another way.
I have done a video on this due to the requests of the beginners and hope that it will give them an idea.Below I have attached all the pictures and the video as an easy guide.
These cookies are so easy to make and this is a big batch. Divide the recipe by 2 to do a smaller batch .If you like you can add more roasted sesame seeds in to this recipe too. Adding more sesame gives these cookies a unique taste.
Sesame seeds are used in many Asian cooking and baking too. It has a nutty flavour and a crunchy texture too. Sesame used for making Tahini and halva and many other dishes. Sesame oil is used in Asian cooking too.
My mum used to make a nice sweet slice using a lot of sesame seeds. Not like these days when I was a child my mum had to separate sesame and throw the tiny stones mixed to it. When she sun dry them we use to grab a hand full of sesame and run away. They are from my childhood memories.
Chicken and leek bread rolls are a soft and moist bread that you can keep for 3 days in fridge or freeze in sandwich bags. So simple and easy to make too. As I always do baking I got more than 100 requests to do something savoury and this is for all who requested and like doing baking.
As this comes as a bread but divided too this saves time of making individual buns. I love to do baking but these days its winter in Australia and it takes too long to prove. But I can’t say no to those who asked me to do something different. You can save this as a finger food too for a party.
For the filling
- 1 smoked chicken breast
- 2 eggs
- 1 leek finely sliced
- 1 block cream cheese
- 1 onion finely sliced
For the dough
- 600g Bread flour
- 10g Instant dry yeast
- 10g Sugar
- 50g Butter
- 50ml Whipping cream
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 5g Salt
- 200ml water
- Whisk the eggs and pepper and add in to the cream cheese. Mix other ingredients and mix well. If you like to any other thing to the mix add anything as you wish. Leave in Fridge until finish with the dough.
- Add the flour, in to the mixing bowl and mix with sugar, salt and yeast.
- After adding the whipping cream and water mix well. After knead about 15 minutes until not sticking to the bowl. Put the prepared dough in to a bowl and leave in a warm place to double in size.
- When the dough is doubled in size put the dough on to the bench and cut in to two equal parts.
- Roll each part to a rectangular shape and spread the dough on each dough to cover the whole dough.
- Roll the dough to a log and cut as directed in the video.
- Leave again to double in size.
- Brush the dough with some eggs and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top. Bake on 180c about 30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Afghan Bolani bread is a traditional flat bread filled with vegetables . This can be served as a side dish or as a main dish. Bolani is a vegetarian and a vegan dish.
Baked custard is a simple dessert that anyone can try with out failing. I got so many requests to do baked custard with condensed milk. The reason is in Asia condensed milk and the milk powder is popular. But whipping cream is available in leading supermarkets only. (May be now it is different) So condensed milk is used in lots of desserts and sweets. Here I used a new version with less sugar. If you think this is too sweet add another 1/2 cup of milk or add half of the condensed milk.
Baked custard can be done a day before. Leave in fridge until you want. If you want a warm custard pop it in oven for 10 minutes or 1 minute in microwave. Serve with whipped cream.
- 6 Eggs
- 250ml /1 Cup Milk
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- 1 can Condensed Milk
- Add milk and condensed milk in to a pot. Bring it to just warm. Stir well.
- After add eggs one by one and whisk well or whisk the eggs and add directly.
- Add nutmeg.
- Strain it in to individual ramekins or a small tray.
- Bake in a water bath about 40 minutes or until when you touch its steady.
- Cool to set.
This Recipe serves 4-6 people if you serve this as a main. As a side dish this can be served for 15 people. Its so simple and to easy make. This can be served as a side dish or even as a quick one pot meal. All you need to assemble several things together and bake few minutes
Here I used 1 can of kidney beans, chick peas, black eyed beans with hot tomato salsa and a table spoon full taco seasoning.
Doughnuts are always kids special. As mums we worry a lot giving fried food to the kids .Try this baked doughnut recipe and you will be amazed to see the results. They are better than the shop bought ones in shape, look and also the taste. You can do a larger batch and leave in freezer for future use. If you can cut them in to smaller circles that will be the best.
Adding sugar is the next thing. If you like it more or less you can always adjust it according to the taste.
When you want to check your yeast this method is the best. I am a continuous user of my yeast. If you are not baking bread always needs to check the yeast this way. When you add water to the dough make sure to add less as the egg and the water in yeast is there too.
- 350g Bread flour
- 9g Instant dry yeast
- 1tblsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsps. Warm water
- 1 Egg
- 100g Sugar
- 5g Salt
- 100ml Milk
- 30g Softened Butter
- Add the sugar warm water and yeast in to a mixing bowl and leave five minutes to activate.(Read the description.)
- Add the bread flour, salt sugar yeast, and mix well.
- While mixing add egg and milk. When you add milk make sure to add little by little.
- Knead well and leave in a warm place to double in size.
- Take the dough when ready and punch down and knead on a benchtop.
- After roll the dough and cut the doughnuts.
- Leave on a baking tray to double in size.
- When it is doubled brush with milk and bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Melt the chocolates according to the packet instructions . Dip the doughnuts in chocolate, leave on a wire rack to set.
- Can freeze for several months too.