Prawns always nice when its cooked with sauces and spices. I love this dish a lot . Cleaning the prawns is the difficult task. It takes a longer time to clean the prawns. To devein a prawn, use a small sharp knife to make a slit along the middle of the back to expose the dark vein. Pull the end of the vein up with the tip of the knife then grab it with your fingers to pull it off.
Always cleaning prawns is time consuming. But it is still worth buying the fesh prawns than cleaned ones. They tastes much better.
This recipe will serve 4 people. I am using 500g uncleaned prawns. Clean and devine the prawns.I always take the legs off too.
After add salt and pepper and season the prawns too.
Prepare the ingredients and take everything closer to you. I used several red chillies, several cloves of garlic, Ginger and one salad onion. Seperately prepare one egg beaten, hot chilli sauce and tomato ketch up mixed.some chillie paste, and 1 tablespoon corn flour.
Add onion, chillies , ginger garlic and puree it . Add corn flour to the eggs and mix well. After add the oil in to a pan and leave it to be hot.
Add the pureed mix and stir fry until thick.
Later add the prawns and cook several minutes.
Later add the sauces, chilli paste and mix well. I added some spring onions to it too.
Later add the curry powder and the beaten egg with corn flour . Mix well
Serve hot with rice , bread or any flatbread.
Life is much easier if you can create your meals in few minutes. We all are having busy lives and find hard to create a good & well nutritious meals for the family. This Nasi Goreng will help you to create a quick and simple dish in 20 minutes for the whole family.
This recipe will serve 4-6 people.
Prepare the ingredients and leave them next to you. I cut some red chilles , giner and garlic, onions, and get the oil .
Prepare chicken meat by cutting in to little pieces. Add oil in to the pan and add the chopped ingredients in to the oil and stir fry until golden brown.
Later add the chicken in and stir fry well. Add salt and pepper to season. I always use chinese chilli paste to flavour the rice.
Add the chilli paste on to the chicken and stir fry well.
Add a table spoon full oyster sauce, a table spoon full soy sauce and 1/2 tsp corriander and cumin powders.
Grate carrots, leeks and some cabbage. Add the cut and grated vegetables in to the chicken. After add the rice.
Add the rice and add the sauces. Mix well.
After portion control in to a bowl and press well. Put it upside down. Take the bowl out.
Serve with a porched egg, sliced cucumber and tomatoes.
Its really handy to have several easy desert recipes in our personal cook book. This is one of them. So simple and easy to make as well as can keep longer. I always try to give you all the exact recipes that work as a charm.
If you are a vegetarian you can always adjust the recipes with Agar Agar. 1 tablespoon gelatine powder = 2tablespoon agar flakes and 2 teaspoon agar agar powder.
I found if you reduce the milk to 200ml it works better. Its up to you to decide.
- 300ml Milk
- 85g Plain Flour
- 1 Tblsp cocoa Powder+ 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 Can condensed milk
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 6 Eggs
- 50g Melted powder
- 20g Gelatine powder
- Dissolve cocoa in warm water
- Add milk in to a pot & Dissolve gelatine. (Whisk while adding gelatine in to milk.)
- Next add vanilla, condensed milk and bring to boil.
- Whisk eggs with sugar in a mixing bowl.
- After add flour and butter .
- Later add the boiled milk in to the mixing bowl. Whisk well.
- After Take out and divide in to two parts. Add dissolved chocolate into one. Pour as directed in video.
- Chill over night.
- Serve with cream or ice cream.
- 21/2 cups of diced pineapple or 1/2 of a pineapple
- 4 Cups cooked rice( left over better)
- Chives or corriander
- 1/2 cup roastedcashew nuts
- 1/4 cup roasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 Tblsp fish sauce
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/2 a capsicum
- 3 Eggs
- 4 Red chillies
- 1 Onion chopped
- Oil for stir frying
- Salt and pepper
- Add oil in to a pan and fry onion ginger and garlic. Cook for two minutes
- Add capsicum,chillies, peas, stir and make a well in the centre.
- Break the eggs and let it set and then scramble it.
- Add salt, pepper and pineapple. Cook two minutes. ( do not over cook)
- Next add rice , cashew, chives, sesame and the sauces and cook further 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle some corriander and mix well.
- Serve hot with a curry or as it is.
I tried to introduce my page through this video to my dear subscribers and all the viewers. Its heart breaking to see how people dislike someones effort at once with out looking at the picture as a whole. As I just started my page I tried to get you all in this way to the page. Its a very innocent try. May be I am wrong here. I thought to try a new method…Sorry If I did something bad…….
Any way I will tell why I was so impressed about these beautiful little tarts. Recently I went to Chadstone shopping centre to change my video camera to a better one. When I was walking I saw this cart with full of little tarts. No wonder why I stopped there. I was looking at them for a while. People were lining up in a queue to buy them. I was waiting to buy them too. I got several and tasted one. It was awesome. Nice and creamy , very colourful and soft in the middle. All I did while driving back was thinking how to make them for you all.
This is the end product. I love them so much. I am so happy to get these results. It looks the same and tastes the same. It didn’t stay long all gone in few minutes. All I like to say is try this at least once and see how beautiful they are……………..
Ingredients for the base
- 180g Plain flour
- 40g Sugar
- 85g Butter
- 2 Yolks
- 1 Tblsp Milk
For the Filling
- 1125g Cream cheese
- 130g Mascarpone
- 20g cheddarCheese
- 10g ParmesanCheese
- 30g Butter
- 130ml Milk
- 50g Icing sugar
- 20g Corn starch
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- Pinch Salt
- 1 Egg yolk
- For the tarts add flour, sugar, butter, yolks and pulse or mix well.
- Next add milk little by little and the make the dough.
- Then leave to rest in fridge.
- Meanwhile make the filling. Add all the cheeses, butter , milk, icing sugar corn starch, vanilla, salt in to a pot and cook until thick. Take out and leave to cool down.
- Take the tart dough out and roll to a thin layer. Cut the dough to circles. use a muffin pan or tart cases and press in.
- Add a spoon full of the mix.
- Bake on 160c about 15 min and take out and brush with egg yolk and bake 10 more again
- Cool on a wire rack.
- 1 kilo chicken
- 200g Cashews
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- 1 Tsp Cumin powder
- 1Tsp crushed ginger
- 50 g corn flour.
- 2 tblsp tomato sauce
- 2 tblsp Chinese cooking wine
- 2 tblsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tblsp Brown sugar
- 1 tblsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp-1 tsp paprika or chillie powder
- 125 ml soy sauce
- 1 tblsp Oil.
- In to a mixing bowl add pepper, cumin powder, chilli or paprika powder, garlic powder, salt and con flour and mix well. Instead of a bowl you can use a snap lock bag for this too.
- Add the chicken pieces toss . Make sure to coat all the chicken like this.
- Meanwhile mix soy sauce, ginger, chilli powder,tomato sauce, vinegar, an sugar in a seperate bowl.
- Heat some oil in a pan add chicken and seal well.
- Add chicken and cashews in to a slow cooker and pour the mixed sauce mixture ove it and cook several ours or one hour.
- Serve with steamed rice and nice side salad.
Its the 1st day of 2017. I thought I should do something nice for the lunch as we all have lunch together. I love Singapore style crab. I couldn’t find the crab. So I got these beautiful prawns from the market. So I did this chilli prawns for my family. They loved the colour and the taste of it.
Always try to serve this style of cooking with steamed rice or even with Fried rice. Very Simple and Easy.
We do spend a lot of our money when we can create the same dish at home. Try this recipe and see how you can enjoy with your family.
When you select prawns make sure to buy the fresh catch.When you buy Raw Prawns look for firmly attached heads and tight, firm shells with a good sheen. There shouldn’t be any blackening around the head or legs as this is a sign of oxidation, and they should have a pleasant ‘fresh sea’ smell. Buy 1kg of Prawns in the shell to get about 500g of Prawn meat.Leave Prawns in their shells until just before using them and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It is always best to buy seafood as close as possible to use. Fresh Prawns however, cooked or raw, should keep refrigerated for up to 3 days and frozen for up to 3 months below -18ºC.
After removing the head from fresh Prawns, hold the Prawn straight and gently pull the end of the digestive tract (from the head end), it will usually come out in one go. If it breaks off, use a thin skewer to hook it out from the back of the Prawn, or make a small incision along the back of the Prawn and remove it. When you butterfly the prawn all the spices goes in and make it more tastier.
Like all seafood, Prawns require very little cooking. It is always better to undercook, rather than overcook, them, as they will continue to cook in the residual heat once they are removed from the pan. While perfectly cooked Prawns are springy, sweet and succulent, overcooked Prawns are dry, rubbery and tasteless.
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f4egjSNm9g&w=560&h=315]Singapore Style Chilli Prawns
Ingredients for the Chilli Prawns
- 10-15 large raw Prawns
- 1 Egg
- 4 cloves of Garlic
- One Inch Ginger( Finely Chopped)
- 4-6 red Chillies
- 2-3 Spring onions cut in to 1 inch long
- Juice of one lime
- 2 Tblsp oil
For the sauce
- 2 Tblsp Tomato ketchup
- 2 Tblsp Chilli Sauce
- 150ml Water
- 1 Tblsp Sugar
- 1 Tblsp Corn Flour
- Enough Salt to your taste
- Prepare the sauce as directed in the video.
- Heat oil & fry ginger garlic .
- Add sauce and bring to boil.
- Slowly pour the egg and stir well.
- Add Prawns and lime juice.
- Mix spring onions.
- Serve hot.