I made this lemon butter slice for sharing at a BBQ . This was a hit. When Lemons are in season try this recipe for a change and to use all the lemons. 🙂 The texture of the slice was very beautiful, soft and some times I felt like calling this a lemon mud cake slice. It had the texture very close to a mud cake.
The tangy flavour of the lemons made this slice to be a hit. You can serve this as a dessert too. I think hot custard with lemon juice in it will make this slice more decadent for a dessert.
Instead of lemons you can use limes or oranges too. I think the pineapple juice will be nice too.
When you bake this make sure to bake the slice only 30 minutes. Donot bake more than that.
This is how it was when taken out from the oven
I did the icing on top
Leave the icing to set.
Cut in to pieces.
Sprinkle more icing if you wish.
I couldn’t stop eating this slice. I love this a lot. Hazelnuts and chocolate goes really well with each other. Adding Irish cream makes it more rich in taste too. Make sure to roast the hazel nuts before using.
I have done this slice a lot of times. But if I make it at home I am the one who finishes it all the time. Once with out adding any cream I added only Irish cream. OMG the taste was awesome. if you are serving kids do not add any liqueur. You can add different flavours that goes well with the chocolate.
Limes and lemons are season. Those who are having so many limes or lemons always try to do different types of recipes with them. This is one way of doing a simple lime slice.
In this you can always try adding lemon or lime juice or even another type of a citrus type. too. This will be a good idea for St. Patrick’s day too. I added a drop of green colour to this to give nicer and a brighter colour.
I loved this slice a lot. It has a unique tangy flavour to its own. You can add the colour of the citrus to give it a brighter look.
Passionfruit is tropical fruit that contains lots of vitamins and minerals. Though it is sweet and tarty in flavour when you add in to sweets it gives the best flavour ever. Adding the seeds in to the dessert gives a beautiful look to a dessert too.
You can buy passion fruit as a pulp. But it contains a lot sugar. If you are mixing it in sweets make sure not to add lots of sugar. But if you are using fresh passionfruit make sure to add sugar. I used sweetened passionfruit in this recipe.
When selecting marshmallows for this recipe try buying one colour. Once I did with several colours and came out with another beautiful colour.
When you add the passionfruit on to the base and leave overnight it becomes softer and melt in the mouth. Make sure to put in fridge all the time and also you can cut and freeze the slice with out a problem.
For the Base
- 150g butter
- 60g Sugar
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 125g Plain flour
- 60g Self Raising flour
For the Topping
- 100g passionfruit pulp
- 200-250g Marshmallows
- 300ml Cream
- 50g Sugar
- 30ml Lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Prepare a slice pan with a baking paper on for easy release.
- Add the butter, sugar, and vanilla in to a mixing bowl and mix well.
- After add the flours and vanilla and mix well until all combines together.
- Press the dough and prick with a fork and bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile whip the cream and leave in the fridge.
- Next melt the marshmallows in a pot with all the other ingredients and leave to completely cool down,
- After add the marshmallows in to the whipped cream and mix well.
- Pour it on top of the cooled base and leave in fridge overnight.
- Cut according to the size that you like.
- Can freeze the left overs in individual bags.
I got this recipe from a friend and I did it ones to please a crowd. Its so nice and beautiful. Trust me ,Can keep on eating the whole slice with out a problem. This is a good idea for a brunch , high tea or a small party at home or for your weekly baking.
I love anything make of almonds. The rich look and creamier taste gives it unique flavour to it.
For the Base
- 90g Butter
- 90g Plain flour
- 40g Self Raising flour
- 1 Egg
For the Topping
- 2 Eggs
- 90g Butter
- 90g Sugar
- 175g Almond meal
- 50g Plan flour
- Mix sugar and butter until nice and creamy.
- After add the egg and whisk well.
- Lastly add the vanilla and the flour and mix well.
- Spread that on a baking pan with a wet spatula and leave aside.
- Next start doing the topping by adding butter and sugar and mix well.
- While whisking add the eggs into it. And whisk 2 minutes.
- After add the almond meal and the plain flour and mix well.
- Spread the Almond mix on the base you prepared earlier.
- Bake on 180c about 20 -30minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Always try to use the potatoes with out leaving longer. Potatoes always go dark soon. Then the colours will not be nice.
Squeezing the extra liquid is not that easy. But do as much as you can, or dry on a paper towel.
When you wash the green part of the leek make sure to seperate the leaves first and then wash one by one to remove the mud or dust on it. leeks easily collect mud.
I always like extra taste. You can always reduce or omit stock cubes. I used the vegetable stock cubes.
Zucchini is a vegetable grows in summer time. You can create many things using zucchini. Its used in savoury and sweet dishes in the culinary world.
The famous Zucchini slice is made with bacon. In addition to bacon I used tuna that every one can easily find.
You can grate and prep every things one or two days before and assemble it on the day. This slice has not much carbohydrates but rich in proteins. This is an easy way of making a meal in few easy steps in this busy world. i have given all the description with the pictures below.
Add the squeezed tuna and fry several minutes
Recently I went out with some of my colleagues from my former workplace. We went to a very famous corner café in Melbourne. I got the chance to look at all the beautiful sweets and savouries. For a chef like me its always copy at least one from each. I copycat a sweet which I will soon upload. This is the one my two beautiful friends ordered. The beautiful vegetable stack To tell the truth my imagination turned out 100 times better than the one I saw. One small size of a stack like 2x4x3 slice was $8.50. The tray I made cost less than 15 dollars but worth like 100 dollars. Any way its all about labour cost.
When you do this slice , make sure to slice the vegetables thinly so you can have several colourful layers. First deep fry the egg plants and pat dry them well to take excess oil. You can do this step several days before and leave to absorb oil wrapped up in paper towels.
When you blanch the veggies make sure to do greens, pumpkins and carrots first. They don’t release colour to the boiling water. Next you can do the potatoes. If you wash the potatoes well the water will not go thick with the starch. That depends on the variety of the potatoes too. Add the beetroot lastly as it releases the colour. Make sure to pat dry al of the on paper towels to reduce releasing extra water in the slice.
If you are a vegetarian or a vegan omit the eggs and add like quarter cup of flour to almond milk or rice milk. As an option you can add fried tofu thinly sliced as a source of protein.
When you cool the slice completely it sets well and comes out nicely. This can be kept in fridge up to 4 days with out a problem.
- 8 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 2-3 Table spoon plain flour
- 1 Cup Cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- 2 Large Egg plants
- 2-3 Large carrots
- 500g Pumpkin thinly sliced
- 500g potatoes thinly sliced
- 2 large salad onions sliced
- A bunch of greens
- 1 Beet root thinly sliced
- Wash vegetables.
- Slice them thinly as you can.
- Bring two litres of water to boil. Add a table spoon full salt in it.
- Blanch all the vegetables. (Read the description above to get the tips)
- Deep fry the egg plants
- Make the egg mix by adding the eggs, flour, milk together with some salt, & pepper.
- Spray a 12×8 inch baking tray.
- Preheat the oven to 200c.
- Start layering the vegetables. Make sure to add the cheese between with the egg mix.
- Top with the remaining egg mix and sprinkle cheese on top. Bake on 200c about 20-30 minutes or until the eggs set.
- Cool completely before cutting.
Some one can ask why you mix Toblerone in a slice with out having it on its own. This recipe is strong enough to break that argument. The mixture makes the Toblerone tastes nicer. The crunches in the Toblerone makes the slice taste better as well as the cocoa makes the Toblerone tastes much better.
This slice is so simple and easy to make in few minutes. You don’t need a machine to mix too. This is a mix and bake recipe.
- 75g Self raising flour
- 25g Plain Flour
- 25g cocoa
- 50g Chocolate
- 125g Butter
- 2 Toblerone
- 1 Egg
- 125g Caster Sugar
- 60ml Boiling Water
- Preheat the oven to 160c.
- Prepare a 6×6 inch cake pan.
- In to a microwaveable bowl add butter, boiling Water, and part of the Toblerone and heat until it melts.
- Sift the flours with cocoa.
- Beat the egg.
- In to the cocoa and flour mix add the melted ingredients and the egg and mix well.
- After add the sugar and mix about two minutes.
- Pour half of the mix and sprinkle the chocolate melts.
- Pour the other half on top.
- Break the Toblerone and press in to the batter.
- Bake about 20-30 min. , or until sets.
- Cool completely before cutting.