Prawns always nice when its cooked with sauces and spices. I love this dish a lot . Cleaning the prawns is the difficult task. It takes a longer time to clean the prawns. To devein a prawn, use a small sharp knife to make a slit along the middle of the back to expose the dark vein. Pull the end of the vein up with the tip of the knife then grab it with your fingers to pull it off.
Always cleaning prawns is time consuming. But it is still worth buying the fesh prawns than cleaned ones. They tastes much better.
This recipe will serve 4 people. I am using 500g uncleaned prawns. Clean and devine the prawns.I always take the legs off too.
After add salt and pepper and season the prawns too.
Prepare the ingredients and take everything closer to you. I used several red chillies, several cloves of garlic, Ginger and one salad onion. Seperately prepare one egg beaten, hot chilli sauce and tomato ketch up mixed.some chillie paste, and 1 tablespoon corn flour.
Add onion, chillies , ginger garlic and puree it . Add corn flour to the eggs and mix well. After add the oil in to a pan and leave it to be hot.
Add the pureed mix and stir fry until thick.
Later add the prawns and cook several minutes.
Later add the sauces, chilli paste and mix well. I added some spring onions to it too.
Later add the curry powder and the beaten egg with corn flour . Mix well
Serve hot with rice , bread or any flatbread.
As I always all the meals should be very simple but tasty. You can serve this as a nice side dish or even part of a roast. All you want is some simple ingredients that you use in your day today life.
Make sure to preheat the oven to 200c – 250c to get best results.
When I go to an Asian bakery at least if I am passing I try to buy something new. Then I eat bite by bite writing all the ingredients. Then i create the recipe…. Most of the time I success. Some times I fail. But I never give up. I create it after several attempts, then it is tastier than what I ate. This recipe is one of them. I never give a wrong recipe. that’s why I am slowly moving ahead.
Canned tuna is not tasty by itself unless you buy the flavoured or even flavour it by your self. I like to add a creamier taste to it always. It’s much better than the spicier taste. If you can use the fresh tuna that’s the best. Baking this bun is really easy. Always when you do baking you need to have the correct room temperature above at least 20. If not always the pre heat the oven to 30 celcius and switch off or reduce to 20 and leave the dough in the oven to rise. if you make the temperature high it will not work too.
When you try baking for the first time it might not be the perfect. But don’t giveup. Try again and again. Always practice makes it perfect. Then you will find baking is the easiest thing in the world. Instead of sesame you can add any kind of a seed or can omit with out a proble. Same as the spices and chillies in the recipe. If you have any query dont hesitate to contact me too. I really want to share my knowledge with all who likes baking. Bon Appetit!
In this recipe you can omit several if you dislike or have any allegies.
- 400g bread flour
- 60g sour cream/Curd
- 2tblsp Sesame seeds
- 7g yeast
- 1tsp Salt
- 60-75ml Milk
- 50ml oil
- 1tblsp Sugar
- 1tsp baking powder
For the filling
- 1 can Tuna ( squeeze water out)
- 2 Shallots sliced
- Salt And Pepper
- 3 Eggs
- Green chillies(Optional)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tblsp Mixed spice
- 1 Cup Cheese
- Chopped Spring onions
- 1/2 slab 125g Cream Cheese or sour cream
- Add the bread flour, sugar yeast, salt, baking powder, sesame seeds, sour cream in to a mixing bowl and mix well
- Add oil and milk next. Knead the dough well about 10 minutes.
- Leave the dough to double in size in a warm place.
- Add tuna, salt, Pepper, Garlic powder, onions, spring onions, Green chillies, eggs, cream cheese, with the spices to a mixing bowl. Mix well & leave aside.
- When the dough is double in size knead it again and cut the dough in to equal size pieces.
- Then roll each dough piece to a circle.
- Put the filling in the middle.
- Fold the ends as directed in the video.
- Leave on trays to double in size.
- When its double in size sprinkle cheese, brush with the eggs, Bake on 180c about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
For the Dough
- 550g bread flour
- 1tsp salt
- 7g yeast
- 20g Sugar
- 250ml Milk
- 2 Tblsp Margarine or butter
For the Filling
- 1 can beans
- Salt & pepper
- Any spice to your choice
- Oil for stir frying
- Add bread flour, salt, yeast, sugar, Margarine and mix well.
- Next add milk little by little and knead the dough until it becomes smooth.
- Grease a bowl and put the dough in & leave to double in size.
- Meanwhile make the filling.
- Stir fry beef with vegetables and add any spice to your choice. Leave to cool down.
- When the dough is doubled punch down and cut accordingly.
- Put the filling in the middle as directed in video and leave to double in size.
- Brush the tops with eggs and bake on 180c about 20-30 min or until golden brown on top.
- Cool on a wire rack.
One of my favourite recipes. Prawns can be done in many ways. This is really easy to do and so simple.Takes only a few minutes to prepare. The aroma of the garlic and ginger gives this dish a unique flavour.
When you cook pawns make sure not to cook longer as it goes rubbery. When you clean the prawns split the back . It helps all the lovely flavours to go through the prawns and gives a nice flavour.
- 500g prawns
- 1 Cup Chives
- 1 Tsp Corn flour
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Tomato Ketch up
- 3 sliced Chillies
- 1 Inch Ginger Finely Sliced
- 8 Cloves garlic Finely chopped
- 1 Tblsp Sugar
- 60 Ml Oil
- 2 Tblsp Soy sauce
- 1 Tblsp Lime Juice
- Curry Leaves
- Chilli Powder
- Add oil in to a wok & fry garlic and ginger. Fry 1 Minute
- Next add Prawns cook 2 min.
- Into Water add corn flour, ketchup, sugar, salt, soy sauce, and chilli powder mix well.
- Pour the prepared sauce over the prawns.
- Cook until thickens.
- Serve with rice.
Its the 1st day of 2017. I thought I should do something nice for the lunch as we all have lunch together. I love Singapore style crab. I couldn’t find the crab. So I got these beautiful prawns from the market. So I did this chilli prawns for my family. They loved the colour and the taste of it.
Always try to serve this style of cooking with steamed rice or even with Fried rice. Very Simple and Easy.
We do spend a lot of our money when we can create the same dish at home. Try this recipe and see how you can enjoy with your family.
When you select prawns make sure to buy the fresh catch.When you buy Raw Prawns look for firmly attached heads and tight, firm shells with a good sheen. There shouldn’t be any blackening around the head or legs as this is a sign of oxidation, and they should have a pleasant ‘fresh sea’ smell. Buy 1kg of Prawns in the shell to get about 500g of Prawn meat.Leave Prawns in their shells until just before using them and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It is always best to buy seafood as close as possible to use. Fresh Prawns however, cooked or raw, should keep refrigerated for up to 3 days and frozen for up to 3 months below -18ºC.
After removing the head from fresh Prawns, hold the Prawn straight and gently pull the end of the digestive tract (from the head end), it will usually come out in one go. If it breaks off, use a thin skewer to hook it out from the back of the Prawn, or make a small incision along the back of the Prawn and remove it. When you butterfly the prawn all the spices goes in and make it more tastier.
Like all seafood, Prawns require very little cooking. It is always better to undercook, rather than overcook, them, as they will continue to cook in the residual heat once they are removed from the pan. While perfectly cooked Prawns are springy, sweet and succulent, overcooked Prawns are dry, rubbery and tasteless.
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f4egjSNm9g&w=560&h=315]Singapore Style Chilli Prawns
Ingredients for the Chilli Prawns
- 10-15 large raw Prawns
- 1 Egg
- 4 cloves of Garlic
- One Inch Ginger( Finely Chopped)
- 4-6 red Chillies
- 2-3 Spring onions cut in to 1 inch long
- Juice of one lime
- 2 Tblsp oil
For the sauce
- 2 Tblsp Tomato ketchup
- 2 Tblsp Chilli Sauce
- 150ml Water
- 1 Tblsp Sugar
- 1 Tblsp Corn Flour
- Enough Salt to your taste
- Prepare the sauce as directed in the video.
- Heat oil & fry ginger garlic .
- Add sauce and bring to boil.
- Slowly pour the egg and stir well.
- Add Prawns and lime juice.
- Mix spring onions.
- Serve hot.