Strawberries are in season and really cheap too. Try doing different styles of baking with the seasonal fruit. This is a very simple dessert that you can do in half an hour if you have everything in hand. This will be a best idea for a quick dessert .
I did this for a friend who visited us recently. So simple but really elegant on the plate. Nice crunchy short cakes with beautiful fresh strawberries in the middle with the mascarpone cheese made this a tasty dessert to please them all.
The only thing you need to know when making this is not to bake the short cakes until brown. Then it will be hard to cut it well. So make sure to take them out when just ready.
See the pictures below the recipe…………………..
Strawberries are always available in markets these days. Its not very expensive to buy either. So when you have time try this beautiful cake with or with out coconut milk. Coconut milk can be poured warm or called. Can freeze this cake for future use or leave in fridge about 2 days with out a problem.
Instead of using strawberries you can use mango, pineapple, banana, raspberries, or any other kind of a flavourful fruit. Make sure to use the same flavoured jelly with the fruit you select.
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 125g Butter
- 210g Self raising flour
- 1/2(125g) cup strawberry puree
- Few drops of vanilla
- 125ml coconut milk
- 2 Eggs
- 40g strawberry flavoured gelatine
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Line 6×6 inch baking tray with baking paper.
- Add Sugar and butter in to a mixing bowl. Whisk 2 minutes.
- Next add the gelatine and eggs and keep on mixing for 2 minutes.
- After add flour , coconut milk, vanilla, strawberry puree and mix on a low speed.
- Pour in to the prepared cake tray and bake for 40-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Pour the coconut milk over the hot cake after poking the cake and leave to absorb the syrup.
- Serve with cream or ice cream.
I always get request for easy no bake recipes. I did this for those who requested the a jelly slice. You can totally omit strawberries here and use any fruit in season. Mango, Pineapple, passion fruit, & raspberries are some of them. If you want this to be a healthy slice omit the sugar.
The biscuit base absorbs all the flavours from the strawberries and gives a unique flavour to the slice. When you do the top layer of this slice make sure to add less water than the packet instructs. In that way it give s a nice colour as well as the steadiness to the slice.
Adding the yoghurt in to the slice gives a nice look with the white layer in the middle. This way you can feed your children a good healthy slice with lots of fruits in it. Make sure to cool down the boiled milk well before adding the yoghurt to protect the all the good bacteria in yoghurt with out killing them.
When you cut a slice like this use a sharp knife and always wipe the bits on the knife when cutting the next layer. This slice can stay in the fridge about a week.
- 500g strawberries
- 1 packet strawberry jelly
- 2 x 10g gelatine
- Water to dissolve gelatine
- Plain cookies
- 100g white
- 250ml milk
- 100g sugar
- 500g low fat yoghurt
- 1/2 a can condensed milk
- Dissolve gelatine in 50ml water and microwave it.
- Add the milk, sugar, gelatine, white chocolate in to a pot.
- Bring to boil and let simmer until all dissolved in milk.
- While boiling the milk add the other gelatine in to water microwave it.
- Crush the biscuits in to a tray.
- Blend strawberries, melted gelatine, and half a can of condensed milk.
- After pour it over the biscuits. Put it in the fridge to set.
- Let the boiled milk cool down. After add the yoghurt in to it. Mix well.
- When the strawberry layer is well set pour the yoghurt later and let it set in fridge.
- For the final layer dissolve the gelatine in boiling water and leave cool completely.
- After add it on to the yoghurt layer
- Leave to set over night.
- Take out after and cut in to squares.
- Serve with cream or ice cream.
Waffles are a easy , simple and a quick choice for a breakfast or to serve as an dessert. So easy to make. There are so many varieties of waffles. These waffles are so light in texture, crunchy out side. Most recipes are based on yeast to get this beautiful texture.
To serve the waffle there are so many options. you can serve it with fresh or stewed fruits and cream or ice cream. You can mix vegetables or meat to make savoury waffles too. I will be uploading several different types of waffles in future.
All you need is a waffle maker. If you don’t have a waffle maker still you can use a sandwich maker to do this. These days there are so many options. for easy storing now they have created the waffle plates only. So easy and cheap to buy online. If you want to select a waffle maker make sure to buy with a deep grid pattern. So when you pour cream or honey it holds it nicely each deep hole and distribute the flavours equally.
Toppings are always your choice. Try serving with fruits, Icing sugar, honey, syrups, fresh fruits, whipping or pouring cream etc…..
- 200g Plain Flour
- 30g Butter
- 3g Instant yeast
- 3g Salt
- 80ml Milk
- 30g Sugar
- Oil for spraying
- 1 Egg
- Add flour, butter, yeast, salt, sugar & milk and mix well about 3-4 minutes.
- Leave the dough in fridge for proofing.
- After Take it out and make balls and press them in a waffle maker.
- Serve hot or leave them to cool on a wire rack.
- Serve with fruits and cream or ice cream.
When fruits are in season I use them a lot for my desserts. Its cheaper to use the new season fruits than expensive imported fruits. Summer is the best time to get sweet and juicy Mangoes as well as the strawberries.
In this recipe you can use any kind of cookie for the base. Press the Base well and put in fridge several hours before to get the maximum results. Even the layers can be done after many hours to get set well.
Fort he Base
- 150g crushed cookies
- 25-75g Butter melted
For the Mango Layer
- 2 Mangoes ( 1 for puree and the other to decorate)
- 100g Sugar
- 2 Tblsp Orange Juice
- 150ml Whipping cream
- 250g Yoghurt
- 20g Gelatine Powder
- 1/4 Cup Cold water
For the Strawberry Layer
- 250g Fresh or Frozen Strawberries
- 25g Sugar
- 2Tblsp Orange Juice
- 100ml Whipping Cream
- 15g Gelatine powder
- 1/4 cup Water
- Add melted butter in to crushed cookies and Press in to pan or a tray. Leave to set in fridge.
- Add gelatine to a 1/4 cup water and soak few minutes. Then microwave it.
- Add chopped mangoes orange juice, sugar whipping cream in to a mixer and puree it. After add melted gelatine and yoghurt. Mix again.
- Pour the mix on to the set base and leave in fridge for 30 min one hour or over night.
- Next Puree the ingredients for the strawberry layer and pour over the top of the mango layer. Leave in fridge to set again.
- When ready take out from the pan and serve with ice cream or cream.