This is a simple salad a friend of mine made recently. While having it I copycat the recipe to share it with you all. It was slightly crunnchy and also had lots of flavours. You can make it to be sweet and spicy too.
This cauliflower salad can be served cold or just after the prep.
This recipe will serve 4-6 people.
Get one cauliflower head and cut in to florests. Blanch it in hot salted for few seconds to add some extra flavours. Stir fry some nuts to your liking until roasted. I used roasted pinenuts for this.
Other than that I used about 1/2 bunch chopped fresh parsley, one small red onion finely sliced, some red chillies sliced. Get some fresh sultana, salt &pepper, seveal squeezes of honey, and lemon juice to the taste.
In to a bowl add the chopped ingredients with slat, pepper,and honey. Chop the cauliflower in to small fine pieces and and put in to the bowl.
Later add the lemon juice.Then add the nuts. Mix well.
Leave in fridge. or serve as it is.
All in one meals are a life time saver for me. I always makes my dinners as one pot meals. It saves my time and also gives my family a well balanced meal. I did this as a vegetarian meal but I served some poached eggs with this meal.
Instead of the vegetables I used, try adding other vegetables you like. To give more flavour you can add chilli or tomato sauce too.
This recipe will serve 4 people. This is 250 g rice noodles. I used 3 cups Chinese cabbage, 1 leek sliced.
I used 1/2 cup sliced capsicum, 1 carrot sliced, Tomato (This is optional)
For stir frying the vegetables one onion sliced, 2 inches ginger sliced, and some garlic. Get one cup of stock water and two table spoons soy sauce and some oil for stir frying.
Add some oil in to a pan and leave it to be hot. When the oil is hot add the sliced onion, garlic and ginger in to the hot oil and stir fry very well. Add all the vegetables later.
Stir fry the vegetables very well. Add the stock water and some soy sauce in to the vegetables. After add the noodles and stir fry well.
Cookie dough fudge is a simple and easy no bake and egg free recipe. So easy to make. Not only that you can always freeze them for future use.
When you have time try making the cookie dough balls and leave in fridge. Next you can make the chocolate layer in few minutes. This can be done with white chocolate and make cookie dough balls with dark or milk chocolate too.
This a simple and easy idea for school events , brunch, or even kids birthday parties.
Enjoy making them and share with some friends to have a coffee.
For the cookie Dough
- 60g Butter
- 65g Sugar
- 30ml Milk
- 100g Plain flour
- 75g Chocolate chips
For the fudge
- 300g Chocolate melts
- 50ml Condensed milk
- 40g Butter
- Extra chocolate chips
- Add sugar, butter in to a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Into that add vanilla and flour and mix well.
- Lastly add the chocolate chips and mix until it combines.
- After make balls and leave in fridge.
- Add condensed milk, chocolate, and add butter and melt in a pot on the stove.
- After pour it over the cookie dough balls and decorate with the left over chocolate.
- Put in fridge over night or until sets.
- Cut as you wish.
- Leave in fridge or freeze them to take out when you want.
One day I made these beautiful thin pancakes for breakfast and it was a hit. After that when ever the kids request I make them at any time. Its so simple and easy to make and all the ingredients are easy to find. If you are a vegan try adding coconut milk instead of milk.
Instead of adding the corn flour you can add potato flour to the mixture. Both flours are doing the same thing.
Can serve with a dipping sauce or even with cream and ice cream. If you like it as a sweet version add the sugar. It will be good to serve with cream too.
These pancakes are a hit every time I make them,. These are the ingredients. I used 225g Plain flour, 85g Corn Flour, 2 Eggs, 500ml Milk, 30g Butter melted and some salt.
I always believe in the saying ” HOME MADE IS THE BEST”. When I have time I always think about my family having a healthy well nutritious meal. As I am so busy during the day I really don’t want to cook when I come home. Thats why I create so many one pot meals. But when I have time during the week end I do a lot ahead. This is one of them. If you are a busy mum try making these beautiful vegetable only burgers for your kids or the loved ones.
When ever I do these burgers I try to add all the colourful vegetables to make it looks nicer and also tastes nicer too. I didn’t add any eggs in this recipe thinking about my vegan and vegetarian readers and you don’t need any eggs in here at all. I used bread crumbs only as a binding agent for these burgers. Don’t try adding watery vegetables as you will end up having lots of bread crumbs in your burgers.
I used 1 large sweet potato, half of a butternut pumpkin, 2 large carrots, 1 whole leek, about 250g spinach, and 2 large potatoes. I used about 11/2 cups of bread crumbs for this recipe. Cut one onion, several cloves of garlic and some bird eye chillies . Chillies are always optional.
Then I used these ingredients 2 table spoons full tomato chutney, 1 tablespoon full chilli sauce, 1 table spoon full sandwich pickle and 1 tablespoon full wholegrain mustard to give extra flavour.
This is one of my favourite salads.I make this at least 2-3 times a month. If you do a big batch you can always keep in fridge to take as your lunch or microwave and have it warm for dinner.
If you want the barley water you can strain it while cooking before adding oil or salt. This can be served as a budget family friendly meal. If you want meat to go with it feel free to add some left over from a roast or some steamed or boiled meat in it.
I have so many vegetarian and vegan followers and I thought of uploading this specially for them.
Instead of having lemon and pepper add a a salad dressing to your liking. I normally add parsley in it. But when I did this I haven’t had any in my garden or in fridge. Be creative & Add other vegetables to it and make more nourishing let me know your ideas too. then I can try them too. ????
Serve warm or can refrigerate 3-4 days.
- 150g Lentils
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 medium carrot chopped
- 1/2 of a leek chopped
- Or Celery
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 can tomato
- 1 tablespoon -2 tbsp. sugar
- Chopped garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Pinch pepper
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 litre stock water
- Add oil in to a pot and add garlic. Fry about a minute.
- After add the onions , leeks, carrots & fry several minutes.
- After add tomatoes, bay leaf and the spices , lentils, pureed tomato, stock water and sugar. mix well.
- Cook on simmering about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Lastly add cream. Bring to boil. Check sugar and salt.
- Serve hot.
This Recipe serves 4-6 people if you serve this as a main. As a side dish this can be served for 15 people. Its so simple and to easy make. This can be served as a side dish or even as a quick one pot meal. All you need to assemble several things together and bake few minutes
Here I used 1 can of kidney beans, chick peas, black eyed beans with hot tomato salsa and a table spoon full taco seasoning.
Curry buns are simple to make. The texture of these buns are very soft. The tangzhong makes the buns very soft. Even if you keep them several days in fridge it will not go hard.The belief of the tangzhong is to keep the roux in fridge more than 12 hours in fridge. I always use it even while it is warm. It works like a magic.
In here I use eggs for the brushing by a mistake. As I am always using the egg mix I automatically did it. If you are a vegetarian try using milk or cream. Vegans can adjust this by omitting butter and adding coconut oil. i will do fully vegan soon.
When you cook the vegetables make sure to cook it until no liquid. This way it keep the buns well seal and no liquid comes out. I will share a tip here. When you want to make the curries dry try adding a table spoon or two plain flour to the curry at last. cook a minute stirring. It will thicken the curry quickly.
When you make the curry you don’t need to stick on to the same vegetables. You can use what ever you have in fridge. My curry is a bit Sri Lankan ????????. The coconut milk gives a nice creaminess to the curry. That way when you have a bite of the bun you will feel the taste of a creamy coconut in the curry.
For the Curry
- 1 large potato diced
- 2 Carrots diced
- Half of a cabbage
- 1 leek sliced
- Several curry leaves (optional)
- Pandan leaves (Optional)
- 2 inch cinnamon
- Sliced whole onion
- Several green chillies (optional)
- Several garlic cloves chopped
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 1 Tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric powder
For the Tangzhong
- 100g Bread flour
- 150ml cold water
For the Buns
- 500 g Bread flour
- 10g Instant dry yeast
- 1tsp Sugar
- 5g Salt
- 150ml water
- 40g Softened Butter
- The roux (Tangzhong)
- Add oil in to a pan.
- When the oil is hot add curry leaves, Pandan leaves, cinnamon, onion and the garlic. Fry two minutes in oil to get the aroma release..
- After ad all the veggies except the leeks and sauté it several minutes.
- Add all the spices with the stock.
- Add leeks next and cook several minutes.
- Lastly add the coconut milk and cook on a low heat until no liquid. (Read description to get the tips)
- Leave the curry to cool down.
- Make the tangzhong by adding 100 flour and 150ml cold water in a pot. Mix well & Cook until thick. Leave to cool.
- Add the bread flour, salt sugar yeast, and butter mix well.
- While mixing add water.& make sure to add little by little.
- Let it knead and rise in the machine or Knead well and leave in a warm place to double in size.
- Take the dough when ready and punch down and knead on a benchtop.
- After roll the dough and cut the dough in to equal size pieces.
- Roll each piece and leave to on the bench ten minutes to rest.
- Roll the each pieces in to a circle and put the filling in the middle. Seal ends well.
- Leave on a baking tray to double in size.
- When it is doubled brush with eggs or milk and bake 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.